Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@SharkE   The ribbon cutting for the Gertrude Zachary Turquoise Museum is tonight.  Open for visitors starting Monday.  Tickets will be $16.  Tell Hubbo to brace himself. Maybe you need to buy him a piece of turquoise jewelry.  My dad had quite a bit; I've managed to adapt it to my use except for a big belt buckle.  It'll go to grandson.

Don't forget, there's another turquoise museum here too.  Ive been there several times and found it most interesting.  The owner, who has written several books on turquoise,  was there to answer questions.  It's considerably cheaper.

The best turquoise jewelry collection is probably in Taos at the Mabel Dodge Luhan Museum which has many valuable antique pieces.  She was an heiress who ran off to Taos to play with Georgia O'Keefe and her gang.  She was married many times, last to Tony Luhan, an Indian from Taos Pueblo.  She was buried wrapped in an Indian blanket in a cemetery in Taos with her head facing Kachina Peak, the big mountain that towers over Taos.  So romantic.  Her biography makes for interesting reading.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

I love historical stuff don't know if you've read my historical comments about Royals from the past. Love history. Very interesting.

my ball and chain is lucky if he wears a watch LOL

He shares no fascination with jewelry thinks I'm nuts

might be right.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE.  Oh yes, I've read you commentary on British history.  I like it too but am more interested in what went on here.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

LOL your right I'm a traitor ! ROFL

I like the whole KIng/Queenie thing.

There was one American President that had a secret door in his main room

how he sneaked up 'company' LOL   May have to come back over the pond.