Respected Contributor

Paging Sammycat...and BlingQueen

[ Edited ]

I wish you both the best- as much great health and great happiness as you can stand.  I will miss our many conversations about Jai cat-themed jewelry, and gemstones of every variety-- especially the sparkly ones.  

Unfortunately, QVC has decided to shut down the forums on November 2, 2021, so we will no longer be able to post messages to each other-- or to anyone else.  

I will not join the QVC Facebook page, so this is the end of an era for me.  I am sorry to see it come to an end.  

As others have stated similarly, I will have more time to read things I would like to read about a variety of topics-- like 5G health effects, etc. The only downside is that I will miss you-- and BlingQueen.  

Take excellent care of yourselves, especially in these times!

Honored Contributor

Re: Paging Sammycat...and BlingQueen

Excuse me for exercising my dip card in this conversation.  @Jersey Born  you summed it up perfectly, it is the end of an era.  My best to you and all of the jewelry girls.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

I will miss you, too, @Bird mama.  Take great care of yourself. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Jersey Born 

I know. A rotten situation.

I told the people over in Pet Lovers that I'm launching my own author website before this time (coincidentally) and it will have space for people to comment on things like pets ( of course), jewelry, etc.  It will be anonymous.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sammycat1 Please let me know about your author website. I do have a golden retriever, you know... I could use all the advice I can get, as he is an elderly doggie now. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Jersey Born 

Stay tuned...I won't leave you stranded!

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1 -- Yay!  Thanks.  

Honored Contributor

@Jersey Born @Sammycat1 @Bird mama 

Ladies, Please come over to Pro Boards Q Forum Friends, just google it.

So few differences to this board.  many areas from which to chose, it's almost a mirror image, just more blue on the screen!!!

Respected Contributor

@ECBG - Thank you for your very sweet invitation.  I will miss you. I just posted the following to a Community Chat post entitled "Safety on the New Forums" started by BalletBabe:

"I started the process of making an account at Proboards, but when I read their privacy agreement, I realized that Proboards not only actively monitors the content, they sell and share the content with whomever they please, and they even employ geolocation tracking of all members making posts on their forum, which can lead to the reporting of members to authorities, due to the content of their comments.  That spooked me.  Right now in our own country, a terrible idea is being promoted in the mainstream media that parents who dare to speak out at School Board meetings against certain topics should be labeled "domestic terrorists". I never thought I would see that day, but here we are. As a result, I am not sure I will finish my registration at Proboards.  

If any comment written at Proboards is deemed "controversial" today, in the near future that same comment might be deemed "reportable to authorities" by Proboards.  I think I am done with "social media".  

I will miss many people here at the Q forums, though. It was a lovely community for the most part.  Ideas should be able to be freely shared."    

Honored Contributor

@Jersey Born 

I totally understand your concern but wouldn't excpect you to be on a thread like you describe.  As you have learned the personalities on this board, I can't imagine anyone who has that type of interest.

I sincerly doubt any of your conversations would be of any political concern and would not be of any interest to a group looking for that content, and our group will put up a shield against that.  A lot of Q people worked in IT.

We will have moderation, but will be able to post links and things of that nature.Smiley Happy