Esteemed Contributor

Paging @Jersey Born -- JAI tiger cuff

@Jersey Born 

I received the JAI tiger/cherry blossom cuff -- masterwork!

First:   The weight -- nice heft!  A serious piece of jewelry

Second:  The detail is impeccable. Like the tiger ring, the tiger on this cuff is very stylized, down to those teeth.  The hand-painted cherry blossoms are the perfect color and texture, and the branches blend seamlessly down into the cuff portion. The eyes are those icy blue, as with the ring.

Third:  The metalwork is fantastic. Just enough oxidation to show enough negative space and perspective, but not so much to heavily darken the piece.

Fourth:  Sizing. It fits like my usual "large" size JAI cuffs, but the online description says the large is 7 inches. Not possible, as my wrist is 7 3/8 inches. More inconsistency with some of these bracelets, but I'm glad I went with Nancy Hornback's assessment and not the online description.

FIfth:  The proportions of the tiger and the blossom sides are just right.  Looking at this cuff in the video, you might think that this is too chunky of a cuff--but it's not.  It's sleek and feminine and powerful all at once.

A stunning addition to my JAI big cat collection!   Smiley Wink

Frequent Contributor

Re: Paging @Jersey Born -- JAI tiger cuff

I really enjoyed reading your review. Thanks for taking the time to post such

a thorough description. Enjoy wearing the cuff.

Respected Contributor

So glad I noticed your review post.  I have been patiently awaiting it! I knew it would be a stunner-- a tiger AND my favorite color pink in lovely cherry blossom flowers?  That, and I have always loved all things Asian and Asian-inspired.  My very first crush as a young girl was on a wonderful and very handsome male waiter at my favorite Chinese restaurant, and he was-- you guessed it -- Japanese!  Go figure.  I adored him. His name was George, and he brought me extra umbrellas for all my drinks, and extra plastic monkeys, too.  I think I was about five years old when I met him.  Anyway, I find the culture of China, Japan, and Thailand fascinating.  

Esteemed Contributor

@diane228 @Jersey Born 

Thanks for your kind words. I feel Asian culture intriguing also. In the midst of all the news hubbub, I've been watching NHK...Japan's national channel featuring news, features, etc. It's calming.

I really like this cuff--it's more elegant than portrayed in the video and pictures, which make it seem more awkward or clunky somehow. It's my new favorite piece of jewelry.  Smiley Happy