Esteemed Contributor

Re: Paging BlingQueen - Bling Alert - TTV price is in!

On 12/12/2014 Sammycat1 said:

Love the insulting comment. If it's so garish, why buy it in the first place? Couldn't see it presented? Couldn't read the measurements on the website? Forced to hit "place order" against your will? Why not return it -- wait, I know, it was "too expensive" or "too cumbersome" to return. I never understand those who pay the full freight on something they didn't like and never wore.

Well said Sammycat! I know is I spent over 200 dollars for a bracelet or any piece of jewelry that I didn't like, I surely would have returned it. If that bracelet was so garish, there's a lot of women out there that have bad taste because that bracelet sold out for a third time.

Anyway, enough about that. Looking forward to reading your review on Judith's new tennis bracelet. I have some errands to run this afternoon and have an Echocardiogram scheduled this afternoon. (just normal routine screening) I'm wearing Judith's ice cube bracelet and one of Micheal's honker garnet rings. Nothing like going in style to a doctor's appt, lol. Enjoy the day today. Was supposed to be sunny, but it's a bit cloudy here. I see it's another windy day too. There goes the hair style.{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/12/2014 BlingQueen022 said:

Love the insulting comment. If it's so garish, why buy it in the first place? Couldn't see it presented? Couldn't read the measurements on the website? Forced to hit "place order" against your will? Why not return it -- wait, I know, it was "too expensive" or "too cumbersome" to return. I never understand those who pay the full freight on something they didn't like and never wore.

Well said Sammycat! I know is I spent over 200 dollars for a bracelet or any piece of jewelry that I didn't like, I surely would have returned it. If that bracelet was so garish, there's a lot of women out there that have bad taste because that bracelet sold out for a third time.

Anyway, enough about that. Looking forward to reading your review on Judith's new tennis bracelet. I have some errands to run this afternoon and have an Echocardiogram scheduled this afternoon. (just normal routine screening) I'm wearing Judith's ice cube bracelet and one of Micheal's honker garnet rings. Nothing like going in style to a doctor's appt, lol. Enjoy the day today. Was supposed to be sunny, but it's a bit cloudy here. I see it's another windy day too. There goes the hair style.{#emotions_dlg.lol}

I'm glad that echo is just routine; DH has cardiac issues as well. Definitely always better to wear your bling to a doctor's appointment! I'm going to another holiday lunch with a colleague. We've got a little sun up here but you're right, the wind won't let go. My hair will look like I stuck my head in a Vitamix and didn't let up on the button!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I'm glad that echo is just routine; DH has cardiac issues as well. Definitely always better to wear your bling to a doctor's appointment! I'm going to another holiday lunch with a colleague. We've got a little sun up here but you're right, the wind won't let go. My hair will look like I stuck my head in a Vitamix and didn't let up on the button!

{#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.lol}lol I can't stop laughing at the vitamix statement you made. You are too funny. I fell for the bling again. Just ordered Laura Geller's new bling mascara she just showed. It adds bling and sparkle to your eye lashes. You know I couldn't pass that up. My patients will freak out when they see my lashes blinging back at them.{#emotions_dlg.tt1} Enjoy your lunch today. I'm sure you will be the bell of the luncheon sporting that gorgeous Ripka jewelry. Have a great time. I'm jealous. I'll be getting a wand all over my you know what while you're dining and having a good time, lol. I'll be thinking about ya. Drive safely today.

Honored Contributor

On 12/12/2014 Kachina624 said:
On 12/11/2014 BlingQueen022 said:
On 12/11/2014 Sammycat1 said:

I ordered the garnet bracelet. I'm sure that color is going to go fast. I'm also thinking of getting his huge multi quartz bracelet that's on sale too. It's item number 119 050. It's 33 percent off for 149.

Hey Blingie, I'm back. I can say authoritatively to run and hit "submit order" on the huge multi quartz bracelet (the holiday bracelet)...it's one of my faves, full of color and bling. Can't say enough about it!!

On your authoritatively I ordered it in the platinum color. Thank goodness for a holiday price. The bracelet has such beautiful colors. When you said bling, I submitted. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I bought the "holiday" bracelet when he first presented it but have never worn it. I know some here (ahem) are all about bling but I think it's downright garish. It's just not "me".

I don't think it looks garish at all. What's with the comment that some people are all about bling? I hope you know I have a very nice jewelry collection that I've collected throughout the years. I've never had anybody say that my jewelry was garish as you put it. To each there own. Thank you so much for the insult. Much appreciated. Not only have you insulted me, you also managed to insult another poster on this board.

Blingy, I'm sorry if you felt I insulted you. You are, by your own admission, a bling fan. I too like big jewelry and things that are colorful but that bracelet is just over the top for me. I like many of the stones individually but together they are a riot of color. You're right, I should have sent it back but thought it might "grow" on me. Also I have a very quiet lifestyle, and really haven't had anywhere to wear it. Somehow it doesn't feel right for the post office or hardware store. I'm sorry if you were offended; I should have picked a word more appropriate than "garish".

By the way, I bought the bracelet when first presented and returned it. Shortly afterwards they sold the leftovers dirt cheap; I re-ordered it for some reason, probably the low price. So I knew what to expect. Shame on me.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

On 12/11/2014 Sammycat1 said:

I ordered the garnet bracelet. I'm sure that color is going to go fast. I'm also thinking of getting his huge multi quartz bracelet that's on sale too. It's item number 119 050. It's 33 percent off for 149.

Hey Blingie, I'm back. I can say authoritatively to run and hit "submit order" on the huge multi quartz bracelet (the holiday bracelet)...it's one of my faves, full of color and bling. Can't say enough about it!!

On your authoritatively I ordered it in the platinum color. Thank goodness for a holiday price. The bracelet has such beautiful colors. When you said bling, I submitted. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I bought the "holiday" bracelet when he first presented it but have never worn it. I know some here (ahem) are all about bling but I think it's downright garish. It's just not "me".

I don't think it looks garish at all. What's with the comment that some people are all about bling? I hope you know I have a very nice jewelry collection that I've collected throughout the years. I've never had anybody say that my jewelry was garish as you put it. To each there own. Thank you so much for the insult. Much appreciated. Not only have you insulted me, you also managed to insult another poster on this board.

Blingy, I'm sorry if you felt I insulted you. You are, by your own admission, a bling fan. I too like big jewelry and things that are colorful but that bracelet is just over the top for me. I like many of the stones individually but together they are a riot of color. You're right, I should have sent it back but thought it might "grow" on me. Also I have a very quiet lifestyle, and really haven't had anywhere to wear it. Somehow it doesn't feel right for the post office or hardware store. I'm sorry if you were offended; I should have picked a word more appropriate than "garish".

By the way, I bought the bracelet when first presented and returned it. Shortly afterwards they sold the leftovers dirt cheap; I re-ordered it for some reason, probably the low price. So I knew what to expect. Shame on me.

Hi Kachina. I want to thank you for your response to this thread. yes, I will admit, it's no secret that I love bling jewelry. I love jewelry that sparkles compared to just wearing a string of pearls. I felt insulted not that you used the word "garish." I felt a bit insulted that you used the word "ahem" the way you used it in your sentence. Immediately, I felt you were referring to me. I have also used the wrong words at times on these boards and felt the rafe (sp) of posters coming back to me also. It happens, not a problem. We have chatted for a long time on these boards especially when Micheal comes to town. I hope we have many more years to do that. I can see your point now why you don't wear that bracelet to the hardware store, grocery store, etc. When I retire and stop working all together there sure won't be a lot of jewelry purchases made by me. We all have different tastes. No harm done. I've also purchased jewelry that I wasn't thrilled with and didn't return, but they weren't expensive pieces. I can see why you ordered that bracelet again at the low price. Who knows, maybe you'll just feel a little flirty one day and wear it again.

Anyway, I'm glad you took the time to respond. Believe me, it's much appreciated. Looking forward to chatting with you when Micheal comes back to town which I think is on the 22nd. I'll have to keep reading his facebook page. He may have another ttv ring. Just what I need.{#emotions_dlg.scared}{#emotions_dlg.lol} Enjoy the rest of the weekend.