Honored Contributor

Packaging on multiple rings is horrible, sending back

I have twin daughters who will be 50 this month.  I looked and looked and found 2 emerald rings, Judith Ripka.  They were nearly 1400.  Got them today, and I am so disappointed and mad...no more jewelry from qvc.

they sent the 2 rings in one baggie in one box.  Never in my life, not even at overstock do they put multiple rings in one baggie, and one box.  These are gifts, what I am suppose to do! Give one gift in Judith Ripka box, and the other in a baggie?

I called and CS informed me this is their new policy to cut costs. What cost? A lousy box on a 700 hundred dollar ring that isnt on sale or a special deal?  Wow!  I can see cutting costs and paper by combining items.  But each ring deserves a box. By the way, I paid 2 shipping cost, that is double....they saved money by mailing it all in one small envelope. And they cant present better?  How cheap.

i am so mad I am going to put one ring back in a baggie, and send it back.  I looked around and found another ring.

Honored Contributor

Re: Packaging on multiple rings is horrible, sending back

@shoekitty wrote:

I have twin daughters who will be 50 this month.  I looked and looked and found 2 emerald rings, Judith Ripka.  They were nearly 1400.  Got them today, and I am so disappointed and mad...no more jewelry from qvc.

they sent the 2 rings in one baggie in one box.  Never in my life, not even at overstock do they put multiple rings in one baggie, and one box.  These are gifts, what I am suppose to do! Give one gift in Judith Ripka box, and the other in a baggie?

I called and CS informed me this is their new policy to cut costs. What cost? A lousy box on a 700 hundred dollar ring that isnt on sale or a special deal?  Wow!  I can see cutting costs and paper by combining items.  But each ring deserves a box. By the way, I paid 2 shipping cost, that is double....they saved money by mailing it all in one small envelope. And they cant present better?  How cheap.

i am so mad I am going to put one ring back in a baggie, and send it back.  I looked around and found another ring.

@shoekitty

Cost savings is cost savings, and cheap is cheap.

I think most of us know the difference. Smiley Sad

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@shoekitty . OMG I can't believe this. Are they smoking something in corporate? 

Almost 90% of my purchases at QVC are jewelry and this is a deal breaker. So now QVC is finally combining shipping but they still charge S/H for each item and they send only one baggie in one box? 

I can see that second ring go missing before it's packed. How can QVC prove that the item did not go missing before it arrived when it's all packed in one baggie? Plus, that allows items to scratch each other; we all know jewelry should be packed individually.

Honestly, I would send both back. For such a special birthday, it was a great idea for your daughters to have matching rings. 

If QVC is trying to cut costs, they should combine all items in one shipment all the time but not in the same baggie or box!!!!!  What happens if you return both? Where is the other Judith Ripka box they didn't give you? This is absurd. Does that mean that someone is getting a QVC box for a Judith Ripka item? Maybe they are phasing out the special boxes. 

~Live with Intention~
Super Contributor

shoekitty-how disappointing!

I think this has been a problem with QVC for awhile.  I consider kitchen items for wedding shower gifts, then I reconsider knowing the item will come in a generic cardboard box.  I consider toys presented as gifts, then do not purchase because I have ordered in the past and have had these items come in ungiftable packaging. When I order any jewelry item, it's for myself, never a gift because of this issue.

While I can understand QVC wanting to cut costs, this is just ridiculous.  And when you spend $700 on a ring that in unacceptable.  Also, I would be very unhappy if I was charged two shipping costs while receiving both items in one package.  I wonder if it was worth it to them to lose you're $700 purchase because they were too cheap to include a box with the ring!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

OMG!  That's just so wrong, shame on QVC.  $700 for a ring and they send it in a plastic baggie like it's junk.  And to add insult to injury, they put both in the same bag like two bags would have bankrupted them...lol   It's the Judith Ripka people.  I buy jewelry from Qvc, nothing expensive like that, but all my jewelry comes in a those velvet pouches that are tucked into gift boxes.  If I paid $1400 for jewelry and it arrived in a baggie....I'd send it back.   

Trusted Contributor

OMG @shoekitty - that's disgusting.

When I ordered 2 seperate jewelry items from Evine as gifts - a bracelet and earrings - they were each boxed up beautifully.

QVC does some strange things with packaging. I was one of the buyers of a Susan Graver very lightweight rain jacket that came in a HUGE box. What a waste.

Honored Contributor

@NycVixen wrote:

@shoekitty . OMG I can't believe this. Are they smoking something in corporate? 

Almost 90% of my purchases at QVC are jewelry and this is a deal breaker. So now QVC is finally combining shipping but they still charge S/H for each item and they send only one baggie in one box? 

I can see that second ring go missing before it's packed. How can QVC prove that the item did not go missing before it arrived when it's all packed in one baggie? Plus, that allows items to scratch each other; we all know jewelry should be packed individually.

Honestly, I would send both back. For such a special birthday, it was a great idea for your daughters to have matching rings. 

If QVC is trying to cut costs, they should combine all items in one shipment all the time but not in the same baggie or box!!!!!  What happens if you return both? Where is the other Judith Ripka box they didn't give you? This is absurd. Does that mean that someone is getting a QVC box for a Judith Ripka item? Maybe they are phasing out the special boxes. 

Shoekitty said

the very nice cs rep said The ring can be returned without the box.  I am still steamed.  I said well next time I should place 2 separate orders.  She said they are combining orders now, if it is ordered within a day or so, it will come together. 🤔😠

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

OMG!  That's just so wrong, shame on QVC.  $700 for a ring and they send it in a plastic baggie like it's junk.  And to add insult to injury, they put both in the same bag like two bags would have bankrupted them...lol   It's the Judith Ripka people.  I buy jewelry from Qvc, nothing expensive like that, but all my jewelry comes in a those velvet pouches that are tucked into gift boxes.  If I paid $1400 for jewelry and it arrived in a baggie....I'd send it back.   

Shoekitty said

the cs rep also said they were doing away with the velvet pouches.  Geesh i remember when each ring came in a gorgeous ring box.  Protects the ring as well.  She did mention that Judith Ripka was cutting back on packaging as well.

Honored Contributor

I'm actually quite surprised to learn that their shipping has become "sophisticated" enough that they would take the time to put two rings in the same plastic baggie (unless I've misunderstood).   It would be bad enough if they packaged $700 rings in baggies, but at least put them in separate ones!  No wonder I'm doing more and more shopping on HSN and less shopping (and watching) of QVC.  Didn't used to be that way.

Honored Contributor

OMG, @shoekitty!!!  That is disgraceful!!!  I think you should try to contact Judith's "people" to let them know that one of your $700 rings was shipped in a baggie as an "add on."  They should be ashamed and embarrassed.  I wouldn't let this one go.