Respected Contributor

I purchased a ring that I plan on giving as a gift to my daughter.

It is a heart shaped gemstone ring, so I got it for Valentine's Day.

I expected it to be in a ring box, but it was not. It was in a plastic baggie inside a pouch.

I was disappointed, as it is going to be a gift. The presentation leaves something to be desired!

Just wondered if that is the usual way to get rings or not.

Hyacinth {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Highlighted
Super Contributor

In my experience, most jewelry from QVC comes in a cardboard box, with a fabric pouch inside, and the item in a plastic bag with the bar code on it. If giving as a gift, I know I need to find my own boxes, since I don't feel any of this packaging is very attractive. That said, I've never bought anything very expensive from QVC, so maybe they have better boxes for high-priced items.

Honored Contributor

I buy a fair amount of rings from QVC (mostly Hagit Gorali). I can't remember when I last received a ring in the old, traditional ring box. In fact, some rings that are more of a band-type and thicker in the bottom, wouldn't even fit in that style box. The current packaging doesn't bother me, since I usually only buy them for me. However, it would be nice if there was an option available for those who want to give a ring in more of a presentation box.

Super Contributor

Call Customer Service and request a gift box since your ring order didn't arrive with a box.

Super Contributor
On 12/27/2014 kathoderay said:

Call Customer Service and request a gift box since your ring order didn't arrive with a box.

OP didn't say there was no box, just that there was no ring box. All QVC jewelry comes in a box, but it comes with the fabric pouch and a baggie, even if it's a ring. It's been that way for a few years now.

Super Contributor
On 12/27/2014 Clover29 said:
On 12/27/2014 kathoderay said:

OP didn't say there was no box, just that there was no ring box. All QVC jewelry comes in a box, but it comes with the fabric pouch and a baggie, even if it's a ring. It's been that way for a few years now.

Good to know!

Honored Contributor

Yes, the QVC jewelry boxing has taken a hit in recent years. You used to get lovely boxes.

I think the only things that still come in nice boxes are watches. The Isaac watch I bought a few months ago came in a very nice watch box.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor
QVC used to send rings in ring boxes. When they went green they started using the cardboard boxes. I just use an older ring box to replace the ugly cardboard box.