Respected Contributor

Re: Ordering a ring one size too big

@FranandZoe Thank you Smiley Happy  That post was BC before coffee ha.  I thought about it for a minute and figured it out, tried to delete post but didn't work.

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D Always good to read the reviews.  These actually work at least for me.  Have tried the little coils, not great as they uncoil.  These snap on and seem to stay on.  

I have it on a ring I wear daily and so far so good Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I did this recently and my work around was to wear a slim diamond band in front of it. The rings look lovely together and the band keeps the later ring secure.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I have used the sizers and didn't enjoy them, the metal ones felt like they were going to cut me, the plastic noodle shape you clip over the band is uncomfortable and sticks out on your palm.

I would check with a jeweler for prices; you don't want the band to crack down the road.

Trusted Contributor

If you really love the ring and it's not your normal ring finger size, just wear it on a different finger.  You will probably enjoy the look.

Honored Contributor

LOL.  I've never heard of a size adjuster for rings.  I went to Amazon and googled it.  I think I'll get them.  I'm a true half size (5 1/12) on my ring finger.  But they almost always are whole size like a 6.  Thanks for the information. 

Honored Contributor

@gellen wrote:
I have fallen in love with a ring on Poshmark but it is a size too big. Have you ever ordered a larger size and then had it resized or used those sizing coils? How did it work out; and if you had it resized do you remember the cost. Thanks in advance for any opinions!

I don't think I would order a ring that is too large.  If I happened to see it in a store and tried it on a different finger and actually liked it there, I might buy it.  But generally I have an idea of how I want to wear something and I wouldn't buy the wrong size just to have it.  I probably wouldn't end up wearing it on the finger it wasn't intended for.

Super Contributor

I resized a lot of rings in my life, since I am half sizes. If Bixby or Jai run big or small, it means it would work on some finger for me.

You can go to gem fair event, they size reasonably and fast. Most jeweler list 25-40 dollars fee to resize it if you buy from them.

If you ring is 25 dollars, investing more money does not make sense unless it is an amazing ring.