Super Contributor

Or Paz Show with Rosina Grosso

She didn't even know the gemstones when showing earrings.  She said chrome diospide (which she could not pronounce) was tanzanite stating it was a beautiful green and the tanzanite was chrome diopside.  Those errors should be addressed with her.  She got one right, the fire opal.

https://www.qvc.com/Or-Paz-Sterling-Silver-Gemstone-Floral-Hoop-Earrings.product.J397864.html?sc=SRC...

Honored Contributor

Re: Or Paz Show with Rosina Grosso

There is no excuse for that.  Pure laziness in not prepping for her show.  This would have been unimaginable 25 years ago.  If they can't pronounce a word, there are plenty of people ask. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Oh my. Woman Frustrated Nothing like the vendor (sweet Danny, no less) having to correct the QVC host right out of the gate. Painful to watch.  

Trusted Contributor

@bcherry01 I watched her once for about 5 minutes when she was presenting jewelry with Rick on Q2.  And never again.  When I see she is the host, I don't bother.  QVC doesn't seem to understand the concept that it's much harder to get a customer back than retain one.  

Yes, I understand she's new and it's really QVC at fault for scheduling her inappropriately and/or providing inadequate training.  Still, when I see her name as host, I think I will be wasting my time.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I watched her when she was on with Scott from JAI and Carolyn Pollack and I couldn't believe how unprepared she was and didn't know a thing about the stones or the jewelry she was presenting.  Both vendors very politely corrected her.  I tend not to watch when she is on.  I am embarrassed for her.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

QVC never seems to learn that what customers want are well prepared and knowledgeable hosts.....SMH!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Training or not suitable for this type of work?  

When QVC was on 24 hours a day, new hosts were assigned the early morning hours to practice when all the wrinkles were ironed out.  

In reality, it's possible one or more of the three new hosts might not work out.  We've seen that before.  

Respected Contributor

I think jewelry shows are challenging, even more so if you’re not familiar with gemstones. I had never seen this host before and I tuned in last night right as she was presenting the earrings. I felt uncomfortable for her, stopped watching almost immediately. I don’t know how to new she is, but hopefully she’ll get additional training with a chance to improve. 

Respected Contributor

apparently the new ones have some skills we can't see or hear.   

skills far and above of the seasoned ones they let go.

strange 

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

@tucsongal wrote:

I think jewelry shows are challenging, even more so if you’re not familiar with gemstones. I had never seen this host before and I tuned in last night right as she was presenting the earrings. I felt uncomfortable for her, stopped watching almost immediately. I don’t know how to new she is, but hopefully she’ll get additional training with a chance to improve. 

These hosts can do some research on their own....Google is a marvelous invention you can enter a word and it can teach you how to pronounce it.  There are also photos of gemstones and you can learn about them too..........SMH!!!  In order to keep the job you would think they would do alI they could to learn about the items they're presenting...Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”