Super Contributor

Or Paz Roman Glass rings dull stones or cracking?

I like to know if anyone  has his  Roman Glass rings and is it a dull stone,wonder does it shine blue color like on the presentation?

I have one on waitlist now noticed today some bad reviews stone is dull I know you cannot get it wet in water.

Any advice please and Thank you.

Honored Contributor

Re: Or Paz Roman Glass rings dull stones or cracking?

I cannot remember where I heard this but I believe the glass needs to be treated in some kind of way to protect the glass.  Does it say if the glass is treated?  Does anyone know if this is true about treating the glass?

Respected Contributor

I wonder if this is just a problem with Roman glass. I don't have any. Had my eye on a few pieces by the designer on the other channel but the reviews indicated some flaking. Sounds like it's extremely soft and seems to be a lot of variation in the stones. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have half a dozen or so pieces of Roman glass.   It looks just like it does on TV but,  at best,  it's a very fragile thing to put in jewelry.   They make it by removing the natural patina on the glass,  cutting and and polishing it,  then reapplying the patina.   It's very possible it could flake off,  especially if it rattles around a jewelry box with other pieces.   Absolutely do not get it wet. 

It is not a stone,  it's glass.   I've never heard Danny mention treating it with anything and I'd hesitate to do so.   You might dissolve the patina material. 

This material is unique.   There's nothing else quite like it. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

The earrings and bracelet great, but I have returned the ring twice and the third one is dull.  DO NOT GET WET, IT RUINS THE PATINA.  IT is hard to remember not to wash your hands with the ring on.