Super Contributor

Re: Opinions on this Bracelet

On 3/14/2014 Tique said:

I had decided to order the bracelet but had an emergency with a family member. Today the bracelet is $75+ more so I will keep looking. Thank you for all your comments.

I hope all is well now with your family member Tique. You might want to consider the secondary market as I highly doubt you will get what your looking for at that price without being a hollow peice. Good Luck in your search!

Honored Contributor

On 3/16/2014 kabella said:
On 3/14/2014 Tique said:

I had decided to order the bracelet but had an emergency with a family member. Today the bracelet is $75+ more so I will keep looking. Thank you for all your comments.

I hope all is well now with your family member Tique. You might want to consider the secondary market as I highly doubt you will get what your looking for at that price without being a hollow peice. Good Luck in your search!

Kabella, thank you. All is well.

As far as the bracelet, I wasn't looking for one; this fell into my lap - my email actually. Since it was from Ross-Simons, I was interested. I am mainly a YG wearer but decided I needed some WG in my jewelry wardrobe and quickly purchased key pieces. That was when gold was still reasonable and fine jewelry was often on sale at B&M as well as the shopping channels.

Your story and Goodstuff's reminded me of my own jewelry story. A guy that I was seeing during my WG jewelry splurge wanted to buy me a diamond necklace. He asked if I wanted a "journey" pendant or a "circle" pendant. I told him to pick even though I knew that I really wanted the circle. He picked the journey one. I take it into the store for them to inspect the diamonds annually. Last year the lady who waited on me said, "it's obvious that this necklace is not being worn. Why don't you trade it in on something you would wear?". I told her I would think about it but even though we're no longer romantically involved, I still see my friend several times a year so I make it a point to wear it at least one of those times.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Respected Contributor

On 3/13/2014 2blonde said:

I'm familiar with that type of link, and let me warn you that it's actually hollow at 4 grams. Even with careful wearing, as the links rub against each other they will wear and break. Most good rings are heavier than that.

I had a bracelet similar to this and that's exactly what happened. The links snapped. I took it to have it fixed and my jeweler said it would be a waste of money as it would snap someplace else. Back then, this type of bracelet sold for under $100.

Contributor

I would like it. In white gold.