Respected Contributor

Re: Opinions on this Bracelet

I'm familiar with that type of link, and let me warn you that it's actually hollow at 4 grams. Even with careful wearing, as the links rub against each other they will wear and break. Most good rings are heavier than that.

Laura loves cats!
Super Contributor

I bought a yellow gold version of that more than 20 years ago. Yes, it has small dents, but I still wear it. It feels like silk.

You can always send it back. Wink

Honored Contributor

I had decided to order the bracelet but had an emergency with a family member. Today the bracelet is $75+ more so I will keep looking. Thank you for all your comments.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Trusted Contributor

On 3/14/2014 Tique said:

I had decided to order the bracelet but had an emergency with a family member. Today the bracelet is $75+ more so I will keep looking. Thank you for all your comments.

For $75 more it is no bargain at that gram weight. I'd have done the same, Tique. Good luck with your search. Please give a hollar if you find a good deal in white gold.

Trusted Contributor

It is a very pretty bracelet.........and also looks very light and delicate. I guess all things and opinions are relative, but $200 is more than I'd pay for such a lightweight piece of jewelry. Just speaking for myself, I'd rather have a heavier, more substantial sterling silver bracelet. Probably with change left over!

A while back my husband surprised me with a pretty white gold bracelet. It was sweet of him.......but frankly the bracelet is so light and flimsy that I rarely wear it. I've secretly wished many times that he'd spent less and brought me a sturdy, carved silver bangle or cuff!

Super Contributor

On 3/15/2014 GoodStuff said:

It is a very pretty bracelet.........and also looks very light and delicate. I guess all things and opinions are relative, but $200 is more than I'd pay for such a lightweight piece of jewelry. Just speaking for myself, I'd rather have a heavier, more substantial sterling silver bracelet. Probably with change left over!

A while back my husband surprised me with a pretty white gold bracelet. It was sweet of him.......but frankly the bracelet is so light and flimsy that I rarely wear it. I've secretly wished many times that he'd spent less and brought me a sturdy, carved silver bangle or cuff!

Gold is forever. With silver, your tastes may change ... in a few years, you might love that gold bracelet. I used to wear a lot of silver, now it just sits.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/15/2014 ennui1 said:

Gold is forever. With silver, your tastes may change ... in a few years, you might love that gold bracelet. I used to wear a lot of silver, now it just sits.

.....while I wear silver more and more! I guess each of us is different, but I love the weight, the diverse designs, and the relative affordability of silver. I have quite a bit of silver jewelry and will be adding more.

Trusted Contributor

If the price does go down, it really is a nice lightweight bracelet. Several years ago I saw MBR on the Wednesday Night gold show presenting a bracelet exactly like that and I loved it and bought it and the matching necklace. I wear it all of the time and though its lightweight, it wears well and I don't have any dents in it at all. Its my favorite gold go-to bracelet and necklace since its so versatile.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/15/2014 ennui1 said:

Interesting that you would say that, ennui. Years ago I bought a silver bangle with multiple gemstones on a Mexican vacation that sat in my jewelry box for at least 10 years unworn. A couple of months ago I noticed it again and started wearing it. I'd forgotten how lovely it was. I can't say that I ignored my gold bangles in the same way.

Super Contributor

That reminds me of a gift my DH gave me. Its a SS Tiffany Heart Tag necklace, I hardly wear it as it reminds me of a Dog Collar & its very heavy. I do wear it sometimes inside a blouse with an open collar where only the front part of the neckace shows because I want him to see me wearing it & don't want to hurt his feelings. I wear the matching charm bracelet very often tho.