Esteemed Contributor

Re: Opinion on this Affinity Diamond Band

[ Edited ]

I agree with the posters who advised you to send this ring back if you are not completely happy with it.  Your first reaction is generally the most accurate.  I’ve learned never to talk myself into keeping any expensive purchase I am not thrilled with.  

Honored Contributor

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

Any gold ring that is over $1,000 should be finished off inside. QVC  almost never show the ring back.  I did see Katrinia  dispaly a lab created  diamond ring in gold that the inside was finished off.

Respected Contributor

Thinking about whether or not a jewelry item is "worth the price" is an individual decision.

First, right now gold is at an all time high, so buying an item for the gold value will be a losing proposition everywhere.  But, if like me, you only wear gold, then you have to just spend the money.

Second, small diamonds have little to no resale value.  But, if like me, you love diamonds, sometimes size does not matter--just sparkle!

So the bottom line for me for all jewelry purchases is --do I love it enough so that I do not feel the purchase was a bad value, and will I wear the item a lot?

Let me tell you this--my taste has also changed a lot over the past many decades.  I have older gold pieces that I happily bought for very cheap prices when younger, but now I do not wear them at all---perhaps they are too small, the style no longer thrills me, etc.  

I will also say that sometimes the rings with many small diamonds do not have the best prongs, and if you are like me, you may end up losing some diamonds here and there.  

Bottom line--let your heart and mind work together for the jewelry commitment!

Super Contributor

If you're happy with the sparkle and is consistent throughout the ring then I'd keep it.  H is good, the I2, not so much so I'm surprised it does have the sparkle. 

New Contributor

It actually has A LOT of sparkle, surprisingly. I am very happy with the sparkle, so I guess it's a keeper.
New Contributor

@fancyphillyshoppper I do love the ring, just dont to find out I paid wayyy too much for it. I don't plan on ever selling the ring, so I guess resale value doesn't really matter to me. When I wear the ring, its just so beautiful. It sparkles so much and looks so elegant. It is definitely an every day ring, so I think I have my mind made up. I honestly havent seen a pave band like this before, where everything is flush. Thanks for all of your responses!
New Contributor

@PamfromCT LOL, that's my problem. Always talking myself to either keeping or returning an item. Mostly returning from buyers remorse!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MsShari @There are three colors of a ring that is very similar to your ring, in size 8 only, for sale under AS IS, for $645.00. You could return yours and buy the As In ring.

Esteemed Contributor

You are paying for the Gold.  It is likely more valuable than the diamonds.  This is especially true of your description of "micro pave." 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life