New Contributor

Opinion on this Affinity Diamond Band

Hello all, I just purchased this Affinity diamond micro pave ring (J400629) and I am just not 100% if I should keep it. So it is a very beautiful ring. Has a TON of sparkle. My issue or hesitation with the ring is, obviously the price, as well as the amount of gold. The ring seems a bit thin in gold. But am I paying for the gold or the diamonds? Would like to get your opinion on the ring and if it is worth the $1k spent. It was less than the current advertised price, I think it was a little over $1k. Thank you in advance!
Trusted Contributor

Re: Opinion on this Affinity Diamond Band

This is a beautiful ring but I myself would not buy at that price.

I looked at the "as is" rings and found j369460 for 645.00 which has the same H and 12 designation as your ring.

If it was me I would wait for that ring to be sent back and buy it as an "as is".

Respected Contributor

@MsShari You should be completely satisfied, with this higher priced item. If you're concerned you did not get a decent value, take it to a local jeweler and have it appraised.

If you have misgivings, send it back because you'll never be able to enjoy it as much as you should be able to, if you're like me.

I hate those -- I should have, or shouldn't have moments that linger. Spoils the fun.

Honored Contributor

@MsShari 

Big decision only you can make.

I do not encourage any expensive purchases from a shopping channel.   

Esteemed Contributor

I have the Affinity angel wing ring and it is a big disappointment.  All you can see is the metal work.  The diamonds have no presence, they are just there.  Can't tell it is a diamond ring!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I would get the ring appraised so at least you know the worth. In my opinion unless you buy from a jeweler you trust you never can be sure what you are getting. 

Honored Contributor

@newname0 is the carat weight the same in both rings AND the number of diamonds making up the weight also the same?  I ask because I am not certain what your post told me but I do know if the diamonds in one ring were larger than those in the other, the value of the ring goes up.

I took myself out of the jewelry buying market.  Now I am just trying to decide which pieces I want to sell.  When I talked with a local dealer accepting diamond jewelry, anything less than a carat and he had no interest at all.  He made no money that day.  I am not ready to sell my wedding ring and nothing else qualifies for his offer.  Sad that I just have to keep wearing them.  Not really.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

milleshops

The "as is" ring is 1 carat also and has the same 6 rows of diamonds.  The original ring was j366689.  You can take a look at it and compare it to the ring above.

Trusted Contributor

@MsShari  I'm sorry you were disappointed in the ring.  I always try to go by my initial reactions to any item I buy or receive. The gold in the ring will always seem a bit thin to you.  Also, if it's a ring you plan to wear often or everyday it may eventually bend or get out of shape.

That's a lot of money not to be totally thrilled with a new diamond ring.  I'm afraid you'll never be 100% happy with it.  I'd send it back, but that's just me.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you have even the slightest of doubt by all means send it back.  I have found if I tend to keep something I am not 100% sure of I tend to not wear it therefore money down the drain. I eventually regret it. This goes with clothes, shoes, handbags and jewelry.