Honored Contributor

Re: Open note to Robert Lee Morris and all his fans...

@BlingQueen022.  Hatred, Blingy?  Where?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@BlingQueen022.  Hatred, Blingy?  Where?

@Kachina624 Maybe hatred was a bit strong.  This was a thread about a poster's joy of her new purchase.  Why can't anybody just be happy for her?  Why does a happy thread like this get ruined of nothing but  negative comments about RLM's jewelry line?  Other posters should have just congratulated her and told her how nice to have such good feelings about a good jewelry purchase.  

I'm not a fan of the new metals he's using either, but I surely wouldn't rain on this poster's parade of happiness on her purchase.  It just isn't right.  It's bad manners.At least for me anyway.  All these woman had to do was say what a nice sentiment and enjoy your new earrings.  If they don't like what RLM uses why didn't they just bypass the thread all together.  It just doesn't make any sense to me.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have a number of his early Sterling pieces and they are my favorite pieces of jewelry.  I've tried his bronze pieces because he is by far the best jewelry designer to hit QVC for my taste in jewelry.  I have visited his studio and made purchases as well...I do miss RLM and enjoy your earrings! 

Regular Contributor

Jdtmum, happy to see how much you  love your new paddle earrings. Hope you're having a better day today.

Like most of us here, I have a hugel jewelry selection, mostly from years past. Much of it is RLM, and I wish I had kept every silver piece I had ordered, back in the day, but returned some as they were a little big for my taste at the time, but oh they were all silver and so very reasonable and beautiful.

I remember, before we had all the internet and ordering online, staying in on one vacation to order from one of his shows when he has a TSV.  Way too much fun.

I wear RLM earrings every time I go out, except for day to day work wear I just wear simple hoops.

I didn't even know he had this line on bronze (looks like white metal) on the Q.  Are they light enough in your ears?  I think he could go back o silver here, and he'd have a huge following.

Regardless, I love those paddle earrings, and the price is good!  I miss seeing him on the Q, did he have a show?

Honored Contributor

a great post @Jtdmum.....one that i hope rlm gets to read!

i have bought his silver, his silver/copper/brass, AND his bronze jewelry......the designs are quite modern and simple, but elegant, unique, and classic at the same time. very hard to describe. if you have not tried his bronze, i highly recommend them. there is an earring today on lunchtime special that is beautiful.....a great way to try it at a great price.... $27.25 J320999

http://images.qvc.com/is/image/QVC/j320999.001?qlt=95,1&op_sharpen=1&id=qV5lH3&fmt=jpg&fit=constrain,1&wid=600&hei=533&qlt=95,1&op_sharpen=1

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45

I also recommend his bronze jewelry!

I once saw a stunning pair of RLM sterling earrings at Nordstroms  .... they were gorgeous .... and they weighed a TON.  

No matter how pretty, I never wear too-heavy earrings ... ever.   

Super Contributor

Well , I thought it was bronze! All I know is that it is "tarnishing". Maybe it is copper now that I think about it. But then I still have the same question about cleaning. I guess if the silver is coated then I would not have to worry about using credit copper cleaner if I am understanding you correctly. Thanks for trying to help me!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Don't know whether this will be helpful or not, but I never use ANYTHING to clean my favorite metal  jewelry except the jeweler's cloths in the red box that are available at KMart and Walmart.  

They clean brass/copper/silver even when they are segments of a mixed metal piece, and never damage adjacent metals.

Valued Contributor

I am a long time fan of Robert Lee Morris also and I have quite a collection of much loved pieces.  I still enjoy each piece as much as when I first received it.  I miss seeing RLM frequently like we did in past years and his beautiful new sterling pieces.  I hope those days return. 

I think to clean copper I've used lemon juice and salt.  Just be gentle, it doesn't take long to brighten it up.  Search the internet to find recipe. 

Super Contributor

I love RLM jewely and am happy to see this thread!

It's not his amazing silver and I didn't know he had this line, but check out Hautelook if you get a chance.  I went to a wedding at Disneyland and am broke for the rest of the month or else I'd be buying up a storm! There's some bronze pieces and other pieces I'm not sure of the metal, but you can see his style in them.  I wish silver hadn't gone up so much as my silver pieces like my tablet ring are my favorite.

Those paddle earrings are beautiful, they're on my wishlist right now!