Trusted Contributor

Open note to Robert Lee Morris and all his fans...

Hi Robert...

Yesterday was a pretty tough day.  We all have them, they wax and wane, ebb and flow.  Simply one of those days that are part of life and often are what make it interesting and help us realize how grateful we should be for the good days and sometimes even grateful for the bad (because we all know they ultimately will get better)

I tell you this because  after 55 years I think yesterday I finally got the true meaning of jewelry. Don't misunderstand, I love jewelry, have lots of it and much is your design, but nothing ever moved me to having tears come.  J324252, paddle earrings.  I opened them  and they glowed. They lit up and sparkled, they sliced through the air like swords.  They are so beautiful; etherial, delicate and bold, swingy, still, flowing...they are the proverbial whole package! I am walking around in my bathrobe this morning with them on (looking quite foolish but don't care) I truly can't remember the last time I purchased something that made me this happy. 

So in the spirit of paying it forward, I hope this reaches you and makes you as happy today (and always) as these earrings are making me right now.  You are to me, the best jewelery designer on Q, in stores, everywhere.  Please accept my most sincere  thanks for such beautiful design.  I look forward to much more of the same! 

Enjou the day!

Sue

Trusted Contributor

Re: Open note to Robert Lee Morris and all his fans...

What a nice sentiment.  Enjoy your new earrings!

Regular Contributor

I love Robert Lee Morris too!!!! I have several of his "real" sterling silver pieces and they are truly beautiful, I simply wish the Q would let him to return to sterling  silver and not "bronze".  I absolutely refuse to purchase his product or any other product for that matter that is made with bronze. The prices are outrageous for pieces that are NOT sterling silver.  If the Q has to use a mystery metal at least use stainless steel the at least you know what your getting I would much rather stainless than "bronze"!!

Respected Contributor

I totally agree with you!  Stering is not that expensive!  Check out the lovely buys at TJMAXX!  Have an older pair of RLM drop earrings in real sterling and only paid around $40 at most...come on...

Respected Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

I totally agree with you!  Stering is not that expensive!  Check out the lovely buys at TJMAXX!  Have an older pair of RLM drop earrings in real sterling and only paid around $40 at most...come on...

@bargainsgirl - I have a really old RLM cross ring in sterling silver I have worn for over 15 years I think.  It is still in fabulous shape.  It's the only jewelry I wear.  I agree, sterling is much better than bronze - I'm shocked to hear he has gone to bronze - it cheapens the line. 

Honored Contributor

He's a great designer and I have many of his silver pieces.  However, I'm not buying bronze.  I don't even watch.

Super Contributor

I love his designs as well. Some are mixed sterling and bronze. I don't know how to clean the bronze and now it looks terrible. In the meantime if I were to use bronze cleaner from a little tin ( I think ) it will ruin the sterling. HELP PLEASE. Tia.

Honored Contributor

@mimilucy. Are you sure your jewelry is a combo of silver and bronze?  I don't recall them being used together.  Bronze is usually used to cut down on the cost of an item because it's so much cheaper.  When done in white metal it's indistinguishable from silver.  In modern jewelry-making, it's coated with a sealer to keep it from tarnishing so no polishing agent should be used less it break through the sealer and cause a splotchy, part tarnished, part not tarnished appearance.

I have a couple of white bronze pieces from the Bronzo Italiano line, one being a watch, that I've worn at lot, never cleaned or polished and they still look like new.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jtdmum wrote:

Hi Robert...

Yesterday was a pretty tough day.  We all have them, they wax and wane, ebb and flow.  Simply one of those days that are part of life and often are what make it interesting and help us realize how grateful we should be for the good days and sometimes even grateful for the bad (because we all know they ultimately will get better)

I tell you this because  after 55 years I think yesterday I finally got the true meaning of jewelry. Don't misunderstand, I love jewelry, have lots of it and much is your design, but nothing ever moved me to having tears come.  J324252, paddle earrings.  I opened them  and they glowed. They lit up and sparkled, they sliced through the air like swords.  They are so beautiful; etherial, delicate and bold, swingy, still, flowing...they are the proverbial whole package! I am walking around in my bathrobe this morning with them on (looking quite foolish but don't care) I truly can't remember the last time I purchased something that made me this happy. 

So in the spirit of paying it forward, I hope this reaches you and makes you as happy today (and always) as these earrings are making me right now.  You are to me, the best jewelery designer on Q, in stores, everywhere.  Please accept my most sincere  thanks for such beautiful design.  I look forward to much more of the same! 

Enjou the day!

Sue

@Jtdmum

It would be a shame if this beautiful sentiment never reached him.   I do hope you'll consider putting this on his facebook page.

I have several RLM pieces and they are nothing short of MAGICAL.   

Recently, I purchased my first white bronze piece ..... cuff  # J326153  and it surpassed my expectations.   I also am surprised that I like the bronze so much.

Bottom line ......   an artist can create using many different mediums .... and they can all be magical.   

Esteemed Contributor

What a beautiful sentiment you gave to Robert Lee Morris.  I have to say it was wasted here to post that among the women on this forum.  All it brought was hatred towards his products.  Like the other poster said please post that beautiful sentiment on his Facebook page.  You would get more positive comments than anything negative like we always get on this forum.  Enjoy your new earrings and wear in the best of health for many years to come.  They are beautiful earrings.