Respected Contributor

Re: Old QVC jewelry; what a difference from now!

@jackthebear wrote:

@banned again wrote:

Please let us know how to search these pieces out, I know I would be interested in purchasing, and my condolences.

the resell sites are full of Q and H jewellry and if you have been watching for years it's easy to tell what's what.  prices can be all over the place tho, 

I was specifically referring to the original poster's mother's collection.

Respected Contributor

I miss the Jacquline Kennedy line.  I loved hearing the stories...not sure if they were all true but very interesting!

Respected Contributor

@bargainsgirl 

Be wary of more schedule changes but Grace Kelly Collection is scheduled for Thursday, May 7 at 1am ET.

Honored Contributor

@FiddleDeeDee About 15-20 years ago, during my teaching career, J Ripka had a special value of thick silver bangles and a linked charm bracelet with one charm.  You got a piece of the set every three months.

I've kept my set in a silver safe, but they are still bright and beautiful. I stack them with other items and wear them often.

I did have to super glue the "kick stand" opening she put on the bracelets.  They would come off of my arms when taking off a winter coat.  Q replaced one which I couldn't find after it dropped off.

Valued Contributor

The Diamonique line years ago was so much nicer and looked like the "real thing" than the stuff they are selling as Diamonique today. Back in the day, they had a line of Diamonique called "Epiphany" which was platinum plating over sterling silver. It gave the piece more of a 14K white gold look than just shiny sterling silver. I have a few pieces from back then that still look just as good today as the day I received them. It looks to me as if they are phasing out Diamonique - not much in stock.

I don't even like the Affinity Diamond jewelry they are selling now.  

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Valued Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

As I go through my mothers' estate, I discovered her HUGE collection of jewelry from QVC, HSN and SHOPNBC (now known as SHOP HQ). There are some GORGEOUS pieces from 10, 15 plus years ago. I mean WOW in gold weight, design and stones. She kept the info with each item so I have the gram weight, the stones, the designer and even the price she paid. It's so sad to see how far down the quality and offers from these 3 places have become.

On another note, I was shocked to see how crappy the quality was from Affinity back in the day; NOTHING like it is now. If my mom hadn't kept the info with the items, I would never have known they were Affinity items as you need a magnifying glass to see the diamond specks in the item. 

Also, found some Ripka pieces. Boy, are they HEAVY sterling silver!! Also very bright in color. They are in soft mint green boxes with all the info; cuff bracelets, some with Diamonique stones, some with amethyst stones, a gorgeous double strand necklace with a heart charm/pendant....can't find any info on them in a search but very pretty. Are her silver pieces always this shiny? It almost looks fake.

In any event, it's been an interesting journey seeing the gorgeous stuff once sold here and at the other places.

completely I have some technibond pieces that I am go to sell, they still look great after what must be 15-20 years, I think they used 18K then 

Always loved Technibond too...I have some newer pieces...I need to take alook...!

Valued Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

I miss the Jacquline Kennedy line.  I loved hearing the stories...not sure if they were all true but very interesting!

i have several of her rings...they didn't age well..still love them! 

Valued Contributor

@Sapphiregal wrote:

The Diamonique line years ago was so much nicer and looked like the "real thing" than the stuff they are selling as Diamonique today. Back in the day, they had a line of Diamonique called "Epiphany" which was platinum plating over sterling silver. It gave the piece more of a 14K white gold look than just shiny sterling silver. I have a few pieces from back then that still look just as good today as the day I received them. It looks to me as if they are phasing out Diamonique - not much in stock.

Epiphany was my favorite! Heart

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@FiddleDeeDee About 15-20 years ago, during my teaching career, J Ripka had a special value of thick silver bangles and a linked charm bracelet with one charm.  You got a piece of the set every three months.

I've kept my set in a silver safe, but they are still bright and beautiful. I stack them with other items and wear them often.

I did have to super glue the "kick stand" opening she put on the bracelets.  They would come off of my arms when taking off a winter coat.  Q replaced one which I couldn't find after it dropped off.

still have them, and they do look new, 

Honored Contributor

@emmygrace wrote:

@Sapphiregal wrote:

Epiphany was my favorite! Heart

I had one ring and the plating failed,  I was disappointed as the stone it's self was lovely