New Contributor

Hi everyone. My mother was a passionate qvc shopper, and unfortunately passed away a month ago. As I am going through her jewelry, I found a 14K diamond band that I'm sure is diamonique. The mark, though, is not the typical DQ CZ. Instead it is a D with a diamond through the straight line on the left. I hope I am explaining this well. Since most of her items are qvc, I'm able to find a lot of information online, and she also saved a lot of her receipts. Thank you for your help. I'm hoping to avoid paying for an appraiser. Any advice is welcome.

Respected Contributor

If you think it could be a real diamond ring, any jeweler can tell you if it is..you don't need an appraiser.

Honored Contributor

Definitely get the item/s looked at by a professional.  Diamonique in the very beginning may not even have had ANY hallmark determining that it's a CZ.  Also really early Affinity had no hallmarks at all~!  I even have a Vincenza 14k early piece with no hallmarks whatsoever, not even a 14k~!  And I know where that one came from and when because I purchased it myself from QVC..

I know this because I've sold quite a bit of my jewelry on eBay and was surprised that I could not find identifying marks on some of it.... even with a loupe.... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I should have said that Affinity had 14k hallmarks, but nothing stamped to determine that it was a QVC Affinity piece....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

@EJPM-----------Sorry on the passing of your Mother.

You should just go to any jeweler,,not in a department store. A real jeweler would be able to tell you real diamond or real CZ.  If real or fake and they offer to buy it, DON'T sell it to them.  Usually a jeweler will tell you if real or not without charging, it isn't an appraisal----------tedEbear

New Contributor

Thank you for your help!Heart