Honored Contributor

Obviously we are all buying for "value."

QVC must be seeing a trend to on sale and lower-priced purchases.  Hence the cancellation of the higher-priced jewelry promotional days.  Last year I bought a $900.00 ring, a price point I haven't hit in 20 years.  That wouldn't be happening now, my purchases for the most part are clearance or lunchtime specials.  Being retired our income has stayed steady, but extravagance just doesn't seem "right" now days.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Obviously we are all buying for "value."

Learned something today. Didn't know there were 1K gold jewelry.

Saw it in 'items recently aired' under 'gold jewelry' show they had on.

Earrings for around 60.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SharkE wrote:

Learned something today. Didn't know there were 1K gold jewelry.

Saw it in 'items recently aired' under 'gold jewelry' show they had on.

Earrings for around 60.

The one-hour show of Gold One debuted on Klondike Gold Rush with Pat last year and Nancy had one hour of Gold One on California Gold Rush this year. It is brought to QVC by Ronny Seliktar, President of Select Jewelry, which previously brought Starlight Gold and Alpine Gold to QVC. The FTC eliminated the karatage threshold for gold in 2018.

Respected Contributor

I definitely buy many clothes for value, but as I age I find I want my jewelry to be more important and precious, and an item that I really love to wear.

My DH suggested I focus on one special (more pricey) piece than lots of lower-end items.

Honored Contributor

What does that mean, "eliminated the karatage threshold for gold"?

Esteemed Contributor

That's the first time  I heard that phrase but I thought they didn't rate any gold below 10kt. I guess that's changed.