Honored Contributor

Re: Observation of preparedmess of hosts

Hosting is a tough job with long hours and an unpredictable schedule.

I doubt if I would be prepared to go from makeup to My Pillow to jewelry to Dyson to food to electronics....all while having to wear a ton of makeup, smile and wearing high heels. 

Nope. Not an easy task.

Valued Contributor

I no longer watch QVC on a regular basis and that is partly due to the hosts...and not just the latest hires.  There is a learning process so hopefully they will improve.  Pleasing voices are necessary however and there are new and older hosts who are just hard to listen to.  Others have nice voices but are drama queens and that is hard to watch.  QVC should change presentations so hosts do not need to constantly list colors and sizes of fashion items.  Also the countdown of how many sold over and over is annoying.  Squishing and playing with food items is distasteful.  And looking at the item cards during a presentation just makes it look like nobody knows much about the item.  And sticking your fingers in a lotion over and over needs to stop.  We can hopefully all improve in 2018.

Occasional Contributor

Well stated!!!!  I too have watched for many, many years and really do not watch or order much at all for the past several years.  Shawn drives me crazy and really believe QVC is all about finding men and women to "entertain' and the shopping is a sideline.  Most items are not carefully shown in detail and as you said, it is mostly talking about things that make no sense and have no relation to what they should be presenting.  Also, a lot of chatting with the models nowdays and flirting with the male vendors.  Amazing!  As if most of us care about their private lives, their political views, or anything else. I, too, know things have changed, but values such as integrity and respect for the viewer seem not to be the norm.  

Valued Contributor

@williams wrote:

Well stated!!!!  I too have watched for many, many years and really do not watch or order much at all for the past several years.  Shawn drives me crazy and really believe QVC is all about finding men and women to "entertain' and the shopping is a sideline.  Most items are not carefully shown in detail and as you said, it is mostly talking about things that make no sense and have no relation to what they should be presenting.  Also, a lot of chatting with the models nowdays and flirting with the male vendors.  Amazing!  As if most of us care about their private lives, their political views, or anything else. I, too, know things have changed, but values such as integrity and respect for the viewer seem not to be the norm.  

I think you have made an excellent statement. ITA, and the thing about it is so totally true. No exagerations on this post.                                                   bamasec

Honored Contributor

Has no one noticed the slip of the tongue in title, or was that OP's intention?  PreparadMESS of the hosts?  They hired all these people to staff the new channels.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@depglass  Great eye!  How did we miss that one? It's a fabulous play on words (intended or not). Very, very funny!

BTW: Anyone know when the new hosts will have their pictures posted? Seems like they've been on longer than six months. Isn't that their probation period? 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

IMO to be a good host all you need is the gift of gab and to know the product. I don't think the work ethic is the same these days and QVC is just lax with the hosts. I can't believe what they hired is the best that was offered.I don't know for sure what the education requirements are for the job, but if indeed these women are college grads that education only helped them to qualify for the job. The Q needs some good looking male car salesman types to present their goods. LOL

Honored Contributor

I really like Christine.  She and Courtney are the best new hosts IMO.

I have said before that I think a couple of the hosts could use some speech classes because their voices and manner of speaking is lke nails on a chalkboard to me. 

I don't really understand a host being unprepared unless they are called in to fill in for another host.  Hosts have said over and over that they are required to come in 3 hours prior to a show and one thing they do with that time is meet with any on air guest and go over the show, what will be said, who is going to say what, etc. 

Trusted Contributor

@Ilovetea wrote:

@Ilovetea wrote:

I was specifically watching to see how the newbies handled a cooking/kitchen show and had to cringe when the new girl was going through the Le Creuset color options and was being corrected for most of the blue variations. She was mispronouncing cerise adding a h and making it cherise every time she said it and was not corrected on that.

The same girl who mispronounced cerise by calling it cherise is talking about punching the button on the Keurig without pronouncing the T. I hate that. 

@Ilovetea

T?

What the heck are you referring to?

Valued Contributor

wrote:

@Ilovetea wrote:

@Ilovetea wrote:

I was specifically watching to see how the newbies handled a cooking/kitchen show and had to cringe when the new girl was going through the Le Creuset color options and was being corrected for most of the blue variations. She was mispronouncing cerise adding a h and making it cherise every time she said it and was not corrected on that.

The same girl who mispronounced cerise by calling it cherise is talking about punching the button on the Keurig without pronouncing the T. I hate that. 

@Ilovetea

T?

What the heck are you referring to?  

Saying button as if there were no t’s in the word. Bu-on instead of button.