Trusted Contributor

Observation of preparedmess of hosts

I do like Christine Zell, so I am not bashing her. She is hosting a show with Robert Lee Morris.  Her vocabulary is awkward.  "Neat" , "puffy" descriptive words, prolonged gushiy introduction that was making him uncomfortable. She put on a piece backwards and he had to gently correct her.  I know the newbies are getting better, but...this show is uncomfortable.   I could never be a host.  This just makes me appreciate the talents  many of the established hosts. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Observation of preparedmess of hosts

Turned on to hear Christine exclaim to viewers Robert jewelry has been on the cover of Vogue 7 times he quickly corrected her said editorial forty to fifty plus times. Painfully obvious unprepared. This is one of the reasons no longer watch Qvc live. Lucky enough to have been part of the very beginning. Back in the day seasoned hosts took the time sharing accurate information. Talent seems non existed now.
Esteemed Contributor

Shawn is never prepared and always painful.

It's a different Q.

Regular Contributor

You can say that again.

Valued Contributor

I was specifically watching to see how the newbies handled a cooking/kitchen show and had to cringe when the new girl was going through the Le Creuset color options and was being corrected for most of the blue variations. She was mispronouncing cerise adding a h and making it cherise every time she said it and was not corrected on that.

Esteemed Contributor

@kjae wrote:

I do like Christine Zell, so I am not bashing her. She is hosting a show with Robert Lee Morris.  Her vocabulary is awkward.  "Neat" , "puffy" descriptive words, prolonged gushiy introduction that was making him uncomfortable. She put on a piece backwards and he had to gently correct her.  I know the newbies are getting better, but...this show is uncomfortable.   I could never be a host.  This just makes me appreciate the talents  many of the established hosts. 

@kjae .....Yes, I saw her with RLM & I agree she was not prepared at all ... she is not one of the better new hosts ... it’s a hard job & I couldn’t do it.

Respected Contributor

@kjae wrote:

In the olden days there was this host during the graveyard shift who announced Iolite as lowlite.  I never saw her after that.  Is QVC not paying well or is this what we are going to get from here on out?  I heard a lawyer on tv not to long ago and she sounded like a valley girl and acted unprofessional. 

Honored Contributor

I don't know who Christine Zell is but I would assume since QVC has so many more hours of live programming with QVC2 that the training for new hires may not be as extensive as it was in the past.  I agree with a previous poster who's been with the Q a long time as have I.  It sure has changed a lot and not for the better.

Esteemed Contributor

Mary Beth went through the colors of the TSV like a natural French-speaking champ! She's a professional and always prepared. Why QVC continues to allow such shoddy sales "hosts" is beyond me. I no longer watch QVC, but I do check in daily to see what has been offered.

It saddens me that QVC, once a thriving and quality shopping channel that I spent a good deal of time watching and spending a lot of money with, is no longer willing to provide respectable behaviors and professionalism when selling their products. So disappointed for past 5-10 years. Shop elsewhere. They don't deserve my money or time.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Occasional Contributor

Mary Beth is by far my favorite host...classy, smart and knowledgeable.  What bothers me most about the new hosts (and David Venable) is that they look into the monitor for most of their presentations and never look at the right camera...like they are constantly staring at themselves.