Super Contributor

Re: OT/ Who's Got The Winter Blues?

On 1/6/2014 floss 84 said:

Hi Harolds wife and all, ita I also have cabin fever. The weather in Philly has been strange too. Today we went from fog,pouring rain, high 50's and mid day they are calling for flurries and than a rapid drop in temperture. I do have to venture out in a little bit . I'm not looking forward to work Tuesday only do to the cold. You think being stuck indoors I would gave gotten alot done but no I just binged watch some tv shows. Lol!!! Stay warm everyone !!!! And BGDC hopefully you won't need your DB throw this year lol CAIRNLOVER how has work been for you ? My patients have been dropping like flies to the point we closed the office.tv

Oh Floss, I am so sorry about your office closing! I am still teaching & only seeing patients on Saturdays. The job situation is terrible here. I feel badly for my students who have huge college debt & no job!

Honored Contributor

I used to love Winter. Now that I'm old(er) I hate it! I can't take the cold any more! I told Jack the cat that next year we are going to be living where it's warm in the Winter (hopefully) Florida.

Honored Contributor

Harold's wife and all the other cold souls out there.....I am sending warm winds your way as it has been unseasonably warm in SoCal....My DS was surfing all last week....but alas....I now have the flu...so, go figure!

Stay warm all!

~ Mick Smiley Happy

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Frequent Contributor

I am sorry to hear this Harold's Wife. Even though the weather has been crazy, 52 and raining one day, 2 degrees with heavy wind the next, and let's not forget about the snowstorms, it does not get me down. I used to hate the winters, but now I tolerate them. I guess years of skiing in weather frequently like 27 degrees below zero helped me changed my mind. I even don't mind the severe cold, I just dress in multiple layers and a down coat and I stay fairly warm. Plus I do love the snow, and so does one of my fur babies. Now the long nights, with it getting dark before 4:30 P.M. is another story...