Honored Contributor

I have a favor to ask. First I'll give you a little background. Four years ago my daughter's fiancee called off their wedding 5 weeks before it was to take place. She then had to move out of their home into a new apartment, which just happened to be the same weekend she was to get married. Two months after the wedding was called off she got laid off her job. She found a job within 2 months and then was laid off 8 months later. She was then unemployed for 2 years. Unemployment in this area at that time was double-digits. She got a job and 88 days later she was laid off again. Within 2-3 months she found the job she has now. That was almost a year ago. Now it looks like she's going to be laid off again. During the time before she found the job she has now, she was an emotional wreck but hung in there, looked for jobs, and tried to stay strong and positive, started going back to school.

I am so worried about her. Not so much financially but emotionally. She had started to feel that finally life was going her way - she had a job, was doing excellent in school, has a nice boyfriend. I know what will be, will be. I've been praying for her all afternoon. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. That if she does lose her job, that another door will open very soon.

It's hard to see one's child go through such emotionally gut-wrenching times. I don't want to see her go through that again. So, I'd appreciate all the good thoughts, prayers, etc. you feel inclined to give. Thanks, Sistas for being here and for "listening."

Judy