Honored Contributor

OMG what is that big ol cuff

that the blonde gal has on her right wrist?

Is that all gold ?

Honored Contributor

Re: OMG what is that big ol cuff

if you are talking about this bangle, it is electroform (with resin in the center.)

https://www.qvc.com/Oro-Nuovo-Hinged-Average-Bangle-14K-Gold-Over-Resin.product.J365764.html?sc=IROA

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Cuffs usually are very big and solid.  There is a 14K cuff coming up today (does not have the image yet!)  But the cost will be over $3,000.00.  So you know this going o be heavy.  My objection to resin filled is that it diminishes the value of the gold.

Respected Contributor

Its pretty but I agree what if you tire of it and want to sell it?  I don't see value.  If you want that look you could buy fashion jewelery or I would save for the real deal.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The real deal is gorgeous!! Not interested in gold over resin stuff. It's only costume stuff. Nothing special IMHO.

ETA: I haven't purchased any gold in years and years from QVC. Ted Leach from Eterna Gold was the only person I trusted and bought many beautiful,  durable, study bangles which I continue to wear 25+ years later. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

I definitely prefer gold to the white metals and am so glad I was able to buy a basic gold wardrobe when gold on the commodities market was under $300 an ounce.  Now it's over 5 times that much and all the other costs that go into jewelry have risen as well.   Price aside, I still have way more jewelry than my very casual life now calls for.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

if you are talking about this bangle, it is electroform (with resin in the center.)

https://www.qvc.com/Oro-Nuovo-Hinged-Average-Bangle-14K-Gold-Over-Resin.product.J365764.html?sc=IROA

No, this one was like really big nobody could afford this one except Queen

LOL Ribbed cuff she wouldn't hold her right hand up long enough for me to get a good stare at it. LOL

Had to had been fake.   I just went zonkers over it LOL

She was in the italian gold galleria show at 9 eastern time with Antonella

Trusted Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

No, this one was like really big nobody could afford this one except Queen

LOL Ribbed cuff she wouldn't hold her right hand up long enough for me to get a good stare at it. LOL

Had to had been fake.   I just went zonkers over it LOL

She was in the italian gold galleria show at 9 eastern time with Antonella

I saw some beautiful San Marco bracelets on there last night and they were large and chunky.

Respected Contributor

@crawford5153 wrote:

I saw some beautiful San Marco bracelets on there last night and they were large and chunky.

I had a good size San Marco - 18 grams - that i bought many years ago on clearance from HSN. It was really gorgeous but I rarely wore it because it was so uncomfortable. Whenever I would lay my arm on my desk it was so chunky it hurt my arm. I finally gave up and sold it when gold was high - got about 3 times what I paid for it. Since then I haven't been tempted by San Marcos, no matter how beautiful.

Honored Contributor

I saw one Mon at Sam's Club for 600