Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Oh, I'm so glad you got back to us ! I've been dying to hear how you fared up and happy they met your expectations.

Isn't this process better then going to seedy pawn shops and dealing with owners while a bunch of other types are observing your business?

These days we are all watched like hawks and people are listening to every conversation.   This way is contact free.

The gal that calls is kind of hard to understand, but, I usually get the money part pretty fast. LOL

The first time I sent in my jewelry I thought I'd be lucky to get a thousand and was ready to be disappointed, but, when she called and the offer started with a 3 I blanked out and just hollered "I accept send the check".            

Yay!

The process is awesome and you are right about alittle hard to understand what she is saying.  Plus she talks fast.  I understood the amount and mail the check LOL.

Honored Contributor

truedat.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE  I'm not "up" on selling gold or I wouldn't have asked. Certainly not about to go into a pawn shop. My question asked about selling to a reputable jeweler.  You didn't need to become to sarcastic and rude.

I didn't have a clue. Your rudeness was offensive and hurtful. A little kindness would have gone a longer way in making your point successful. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

I apoligize if that's the  way you took it.

When you said why don't I go about selling stuff the simplistic way

that had been attempted before and the outcome wasn't good for me.

I apologize if I  offended you.

@BirkiLady 

Contributor

Re: OK GIRLS LISTEN UP!

[ Edited ]

Has anyone ever sold Eternagold this way?  I have two heavy bangles with dents.  I wonder if I would do better sending them to this website for cash, or having Eterna fix them (they have that great warrenty) and then selling them on ebay?  

Also, do you ladies send in gold that is is great condition, or just damaged pieces?

Sorry for all the questions, but I have never considered this before.  I have sold pieces on ebay, but it is a pain.  This sounds so simple.  With the price of gold so high, this may be the way to go on all pieces.

Honored Contributor

doesn't matter what shape it's in they take broken gold, coins, class and college rings, dented, scratched as long as it's white, gold or rose gold.

scraps of broken gold necklaces, broken bracelets, broken earrings. 

probably take gold teeth. LOL

told hubbo back in our day people had real gold put in teeth not this clear fillings of today. I'd have my gold filling taken  out, put in clear and sell the tooth to them hahahahahhaha

Honored Contributor

I sold my husband's signet ring from  long ago, took his college ring, his wedding ring, my 1st set of wedding rings and we split the money.

who wants a old college ring from 1972. I stripped him clean. ROFL

older your gold, heavier it will be,  more money it's worth.

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE  Ahh, you are so sweet in spite of those snarky comments! Of course your apology is accepted. It wasn't really necessary. Just wanted you to realize my question was asked in earnest 'cause I've never done it. About to look up the place you suggested after reading other's comments, too. I do appreciate your suggestions.

I went through my jewelry box last night and have a large tupperware container of earrings, bracelets, necklaces, gold rings (without stones), rings with stones with no longer appeal to me at all,  and a lot of broken things or pieces from jewelry changes that I had my jeweler return to me. I'm overwhelmed at the amount so far. Haven't been to my safe deposit box yet. But this is a heck of a beginning.

Wish I had a scale to weigh it before going to my jewelers or checking with your Gold place. Perhaps a friend may have a good one. Smiley Happy

Thanks for the info! 

Honored Contributor

Your welcome !  Hope you make out well !

Esteemed Contributor

@pugsmom  I have returned one dented bangle years ago. In fact, I found the address in FL last night while going through my jewelry box and decided to keep it for future reference. So, if you need the address I've got it!

And, yes I plan to return never worn pieces, single earrings (lost the other), 14K watches with matching bands that the bands have worn thin and the watches are the wind-up type, a lot of chains and necklaces, solid 14K and 18K gold rings without stones, many pins and company award pins, stick pins, broaches, ring guards; platinum chains, necklaces, pins, earrings, soft bracelets; a lot of pieces left from custom work or sizing by my jeweler who returned the gold or platinum to me; pieces of jewelry given to me as a child (gold bangle, amethyst birthstone ring, heart pendant & chain, pearl pendant & chain . . . all very small), high school and college pins from boyfriends, so many hoop earrings (all sizes!) and a lot of pendants (many custom made and large) and earrings with semi-precious stones which I'll never wear again (but enjoyed so much when working to feel the money was well spent).

It's a large Tupperware container filled of a mix of all kinds of stuff I had forgotten about and will never wear again. Might as well let someone either resell it or melt it down. Didn't realize how cluttered my armore had become! Now it's really organized and easily accessible to everything inside. I'm happy to have eliminated so much stuff.