Valued Contributor

Re: O/T: Best place to sell Gold?

Respected Contributor

Just sent my 4th shipment to USGB. They are great and pay more than any one else.

Honored Contributor

Is this only for people in New York and Jersey ?

Respected Contributor

Anyone can sell to them. They ship your gold fedex. Safe and trustworthy. Go to the website and chat with their rep online. They can answer your questions.

Super Contributor

Keep in mind the price of your gold won't be a percentage of the market price, it will be less. The spot price, or what gold is selling for on the world market, is for 24 kt gold. Any jewelry you have will be 14 kt, 18 kt, etc. 14 kt gold is 58% gold, 18 kt is 75% gold, so the price they pay will be adjusted for that. Also keep in mind gold prices change hourly, you will be paid the price at the time they receive your items and weigh them. It may be a higher or lower price than when you shipped it. Right now, gold and silver aren't fluctuating much, so there won't be a big difference.

Also, if you have pieces with stones in them, you might want to take the stones out and keep them - you won't get paid anything for them and you might as well have them instead of giving them away.

Honored Contributor

I also have used USGB in the past. Excellent outfit, best prices. Right now I'm dealing with a local jeweler I met at an auction because I can do a few pieces at a time. He has become a friend who also puts some of my pieces into local auctions. He is close enough to USGB prices to make the convenience worthwhile. If you have really nice pieces a local auction might net you more than scrap. But get references before you just hand over a bunch of jewelry. Auctioneers run the gamut from most ethical to downright crooks.