Frequent Contributor

O/T: Best place to sell Gold?

Hello, I was wondering if any of you Ladies have had any experience selling your old gold jewelry. I know there are so many websites and places, but I don't know how to find a reputable/honest one. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Re: O/T: Best place to sell Gold?

I used USGB in New York twice.

It was an excellent experience all around. They paid very well and I had my money in hand super fast. Didn't cost me anything except a short trip to the Kinko's, which has FedEx right in there.

Respected Contributor

I agree US Gold. Fed Ex came to my door. They paid a lot more than I was offered locally.

Esteemed Contributor

Stay away from Cash4Gold --- they total scammers. I've read many positive stories on here about USGoldBuyers. I'm waiting for the gold price to go up and then I'll send mine in.

Trusted Contributor

I have sold some of mine (and silver too when the price was higher). I sold mine through a local jewelry store. I now live in a retirement community near a small town but even so there are 2 or 3 places that buy gold and silver. I got an estimate from a local jeweler & a US Standard Gold Buyers shop in the small town. I also got an estimate at a Gold buying shop (can't remember the name) in a large city (about an hour away) thinking they might be more competitive. It turned out the local jewelry store had the highest price and was even higher than what some of the online sites were posting.

So, I'd suggest getting at least a couple of estimates. A local pawn shop in town was paying the most for old silver dollars a year or so ago when silver was higher.

Respected Contributor

Does USGB just buy gold or do they buy silver also?

Honored Contributor

USGB is great. I've dealt with them 3 times. Their payout was almost double what local jewelery stores offered.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/27/2014 sparklestar said:

Does USGB just buy gold or do they buy silver also?

They also buy silver.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you so much, everyone! You are all so nice! I can't go try local stores, I'm a single parent with a small kid, so USGB it is. Can someone kindly put the website here so I can be sure its the right one. Thanks again so much. God BlessSmile

Respected Contributor

MamaPooh, I vouch for USGB, too. Also, to keep track of the current gold prices, go to

http://goldprice.org/