Honored Contributor

Not a Good Day For My Jewelry Items Ordered

A bracelet from HSN has a missing piece of silver (Chaco line) and they have no more left and I really liked it Smiley Sad

A ruby ring from Eviine arrived and I was totally shocked at the condition.  It was  Michael Valitutti ring, first ever purchase of his items, and the way he raved about his items is a joke.  It actually has chips missing along the edge and rough edges; almost as if it was not even smoothed out.  Making a trip to PO tomorrow.  Very disappointed.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Not a Good Day For My Jewelry Items Ordered

@rms1954 , so sorry this happened!  You must be so disappointed!  I know how much I  look forward to geting a new piece of jewelry, and this would be such a letdown!

Honored Contributor

@VegasBusinessWoman wrote:

@rms1954 , so sorry this happened!  You must be so disappointed!  I know how much I  look forward to geting a new piece of jewelry, and this would be such a letdown!

Thanks.  It is a let down.  On top of all that, I have to return a JAI bracelet that was on waitlist forever.  Received it two weeks ago and it broke today, so I'm returning that one also.  Maybe it's time to give up my jewelry purchases at least for the time being.

Honored Contributor

Goodness!  That's quite revealing in terms of their quality control!!!

So sorry!

Honored Contributor

@rms1954   It’s never good when you wait anxiously wait for an item and it doesn’t meet your expectations. I know what you mean.

Honored Contributor

That suprises me about both brands.  I don't own any Chaco Canyon but they've been on HSN for 20 years at least so the quality must be excellent.  I only own a few pieces from Michaels line but I've been watching him for years.  My pieces were on clearance and both pieces were better that I thought they would be.  It's too bad that you had problems. 

Trusted Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@VegasBusinessWoman wrote:

Thanks.  It is a let down.  On top of all that, I have to return a JAI bracelet that was on waitlist forever.  Received it two weeks ago and it broke today, so I'm returning that one also.  Maybe it's time to give up my jewelry purchases at least for the time being.

What??  Quit buying jewelry????  NOOOOOOoooooo!  Better to just find some new sources.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 I had to look up Michael Valitutti...Gems in Vogue! When I saw that, I nodded in agreement as I have ordered 3 items in the Gems in Vogue line and 3 went back due to the VERY poor workmanship/defects. I'd never purchased from this line before (and haven't since) so his name didn't ring a bell. Funny thing, I DO remember reading on this forum how amazing the Gem in Vogue items were especially the charm bracelets and charms some years back.  That was why I ordered from those items; great reviews here.

Really surprised about the JAI piece; I've been impressed with the quality but then again, I haven't ordered anything from that line in more than a year.

I's terrible when you're all excited about an item of jewelry arriving and then...huge let down. Smiley Sad

Trusted Contributor

@rms1954   Call Evine customer service & tell them your ring was damaged so you can get a pre-paid return shipping label.  I received a bracelet that was broken at the clasp & when I called the representative was very helpful.  It was shipped back with their label & I was ordered a new one also with free shipping.

Honored Contributor

@nova wrote:

@rms1954   Call Evine customer service & tell them your ring was damaged so you can get a pre-paid return shipping label.  I received a bracelet that was broken at the clasp & when I called the representative was very helpful.  It was shipped back with their label & I was ordered a new one also with free shipping.

Oh it's definitely going back with their pre-paid label and a message of my disappointment and expectation that I will not be charged for the label or the original S&H since it's defective/damaged.