Honored Contributor

@SoonerLater   Why would anyone seeing something hanging out of your nose think it was attractive? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SoonerLater   Why would anyone seeing something hanging out of your nose think it was attractive? 

@Kachina624 Nose rings are something I have never understood.  You could never clean it up.  Ick.  

Trusted Contributor

No no no.  Reminds me of pigs.

All I can think of is snot getting caught on it.  Unsanitary.

Too distracting for the viewer.

Give your ear another piercing instead.

Honored Contributor

You can take them out just like an earring in your ear. You clean those don't you? And no, I don't have one.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624   I was thinking about wrinkles and age spots.    OMG, my relatives would have me committed, and then empty my retirement account.....      di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@SoonerLater wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

No way.  Nose rings are for cattle. 

@Kachina624 They are just nasty. 

And atrocious.  

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't use them on my cows if I had any.

Besides being very unattractive, they are unsanitary bacteria, viral, and pollen collectors.   

Honored Contributor

I think they look ridiculous on even young people.

Something about 'being led around by your nose' has never appealed to me personally.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

Does anyone have a nose ring...I thinking about getting one.

How does it get put in your nose? do you have to leave it in all the time or can it be taken out? does it irritate your nose? what about if you get a cold or a runny nose? what else should I know that I don't already?

TIA

I'm really interested in what has drawn you to this interesting choice, @GoneButNotForgotten, and I'd love to hear how you've arrived at it.

Please bear in mind that I consistently feel that opinions should be expressed without the use of pejorative language.

I am older than some Sequoia Trees, and enjoy both simplicity AND OUTRAGE in my styles of dress, and feeling as I do, I feel that everyone in the age span that I see out and about is entitled to do what they think suits them best by way of appearance.

Personally I don't find overly tight or overly short clothing very fashionable OR functional.

I personally wouldn't select a nose ring because of constant seasonal allergies, but if that weren't the case in MY life, I think a very small diamond stud, maybe 5-10 points, in yellow 18k gold, would be something I'd consider.

Anything knobby or overly flashy wouldn't be something I'd choose for myself.

Honored Contributor

As someone who gets periodic allergies with lots of tissues used on my nose, I can't imagine having a nose ring.  I also don't find them attractive.