Honored Contributor

Re: No More Epiphany?

[ Edited ]

@banned again wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

They still have platinum clad over sterling silver they are just not calling it Epiphany.

The Epiphany line wasn't platinum clad.  It was a mixture of sterling silver and platinum and other alloys.  So, there was no "plating" to wear off.  Jtv sells a similar metal, called Platineve.    That was claim of Bronzo too but several of my Bronzo pieces are showing that the pieces were plated and the plating is wearing off.  I assume that's why the Bronzo line was discontinued.  It wasn't what they claimed it was. 

Where are you getting this information about Epiphany? QVC called the line "Epiphany Platinum Clad Sterling & Diamonique Jewelry." They never said it was an alloy.

PLD.jpg

I thought this too as soon as I read Chrystaltree's post. They stated all the time it was platnium clad. I hope whoever is doing their platinum cladding now is as good.

As for the bronzo - that is an alloy with copper so it needs a lacquar coating on it to prevent tarnishing.

Honored Contributor

The Epiphany line was platinum clad over sterling silver. The stamp inside the pieces is that code. I think they just dropped the name Epiphany because it wasn't clear what the composition of the product was to many. 

Respected Contributor

Chystaltree hasn't been back to defend that post so I think he or she was misinformed. 

@Shanus wrote:

I think they just dropped the name Epiphany because it wasn't clear what the composition of the product was to many. 

I've posted this many times- QVC dropped the name around January 2016 along with other QVC jargon. "Silver Style" became "Silver Style Jewelry," "Destination Gold" became "Destination Gold Jewelry." "Bronzo Italia" was dropped for simply Bronze. No more "California Gold Rush" but an event called "Gold Jewelry Sale" replaced it- yet CGR is back this year on Jan. 24th. I would like to ask Peyton why the Affinity nameplate is still used.

Before I forget about the bronze- One time Nancy said the bronze was solid white, rose, or yellow all the way through, yet she showed a cut through sample ring in each color and it clearly was yellow in the center and plated with rose or white. I don't remember what she said after that.