Honored Contributor

Re: No Kirks Folly On QVC...Very Sad

On 3/3/2014 Pagan said:

I just watched the show and thought Jenniefer's "if you say so" comment was very telling in response to the line the host was told to say about why the show was ending early. It spoke volumes!

Yes, I heard that and thought the same thing.

Occasional Contributor

Just so you know, one of the sisters who is the designer for the kirks folly products wrote on her own facebook page that the company is not doing any more shows on QVC...EVER. They are doing shows in QVC England though. They are also adding a few more new items into the USA inventory, most likely because they are still in business with the Q for England.

Personally I don't bother with the Q for buying KF anyway and haven't for a really long time because they took away the decorative sets and that really killed it for me. I should add that I also bought from a lot of other lines here when I was buying from the Q because of my interest in kirks folly. I buy directly from their own website now. They put out their own webcasts which can be seen either though their own website, through facebook,, or on recorded broadcasts on youtube.

Regular Contributor

I read or heard that Kirk Folly is having thier own show today. Could you please tell me what time is the show and how do you find it to watch.

Valued Contributor

On 3/4/2014 roxiegirl said:

I read or heard that Kirk Folly is having thier own show today. Could you please tell me what time is the show and how do you find it to watch.

If you go to their Facebook page or main website, there is a link on there Smile

Regular Contributor

On 3/4/2014 Pagan said:
On 3/4/2014 roxiegirl said:

If you go to their Facebook page or main website, there is a link on there Smile

Thank you!

Honored Contributor

I hope there will be lots of us watching tonight, so that Kirk's Folly know their departure from QVC is no big deal. The shows broadcast from Jenniefer's home are so much more fun. Love it when you see all the swans gliding by on the waterfront.

See you all at 8:00 p.m. (EST or is it DST)! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

New Contributor

On 3/2/2014 Venezia said:
On 3/2/2014 Lwaxana said:
"At this time, sadly, we have no further shows scheduled on QVC USA for 2014 - however, <em>we will continue to offer new designs</em> on their website at www.qvc.com – so please check there for us regularly."

Clearly, they are not leaving QVC. They just aren't having any shows the rest of the year.

Lwaxana - I think that's just QVC's way of avoiding saying the "partnership" has ended. They will sell what they currently have in inventory until it's gone. I don't think they will accept much in the way of new stock.

I wonder if by keeping some inventory on their website it precludes KF from being able to jump over to another shopping channel due to conflict of interest. It makes little sense to boot them off air time yet be bringing in NEW items....very suspect.

Honored Contributor

Harriet W - that's a very interesting thought! You may be onto something there. They don't want to give Kirk's Folly any more airtime, but they don't want their competitors doing it either! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

I watched the Internet show tonight, but the things I wanted had already sold out. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

ETA: And that nonsense of having to cut the show short and rename it - there's still 3 pages of inventory, so why couldn't they just have added more pieces, like they've done to shows in the past with other vendors? It was all a load of rubbish on QVC's part!

Occasional Contributor

I am so, so sorry to learn that QVC US is dropping Kirks Folly. I own and cherish over 200 of their pieces, mostly purchased from QVC. I cannot access the Kirks Folly online shows, as my broadband is insufficient and cannot be made larger, so I must just go to their website and search for items, which I find boring. Good bye, KF, and I hope you find another home shopping channel to broadcast from, complete with your magical sets, costumes, and, of course, Sir Lancelot.

Honored Contributor

That is really bad news. I always enjoyed watching their shows.

kindness is strength