Respected Contributor

I ordered one of his rings as a treat for myself.  I don't own any of this items but I took a chance on this one.  I was sadly disappointed.  The underside of the ring is not even finished ... it's sharp against my finger.  I really liked it but I guess I'll send it back. 

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Honored Contributor

I found the quality of the gemstones he uses to be very poor.  Sometimes I see inclusions in the samples they show on TV.  I don't even have HD TV.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Karnerblue - I have quite a few Nicky Butler pieces and I've only ever had to send one back.  Ironically, it was a ring.  Not because I felt there was anything wrong with the quality, but just because it didn't wow me enough to keep it.

Just curious - which ring did you order that had to go back?

Stuff happens with every line though.  I have more than one pair of earrings sitting in my jewelry box that have come apart and I haven't gotten around to fixing them (Michael Dawkins and RLM - neither of them cheap).

I do think, in general, the quality we used to get was so much better than now.  I just don't buy as much any more.

Respected Contributor

Re: Nicky Butler Jewelry.

[ Edited ]

@Venezia It was on clearance so I didn't pay alot but it looked much nicer online.  I was just more concerned with the under gallery and how sharp it feels.

Nicky Butler Marquise Gemstone Band Ring

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

What a shame, @Karnerblue, because it's very pretty.  no one wants to be uncomfortable wearing something.

Blowing out someone else's candle doesn't make yours brighter.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Karnerblue - That really is a shame because the stones look beautiful.  But it just means you'll have money to buy something else that you can really love and enjoy wearing!  Smiley Happy

I was just looking at one of my NB rings this morning, getting ready to go out.  The underside is completely smooth and nicely finished, so I hope it doesn't put you off this line forever.

I used to love the Suarti range (another that seems to have "disappeared" from QVC for the most part).  I have way too many pieces in that range and, again, everything was beautiful with the odd exception.   A few things I had to send back because they just weren't up to the usual standard.  I guess with handmade items, it's bound to happen.

Thanks for posting the photo!

Respected Contributor

@Venezia The stones don't look as sparkly and clear in person.  It's not a bad ring and I'd keep it except for the fact that it's uncomfortable.  It's almost like they cheaped out on the finishing it off.  I remember Suarti ... she was fun to watch.  I do have a couple of her rings also.  The silver work is beautiful!