Trusted Contributor

Nice Honora Piece in Lunchtime Specials Today (12/24) - J291335

Thought this was a neat piece at a reasonable price of $39.96. I never saw this presentation before.

Honora Cultured Pearl Graduated Frontal Bronze Necklace

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Nice Honora Piece in Lunchtime Specials Today (12/24) - J291335

I know.............I just bought myself one of each because I deserve it. Do you know that I am home here cooking, baking, cleaning, taking care of three dogs all in preparation for a big family gathering. And where is my husband? He just takes off - bops around town, visits friends, anything just to get away from this house and all the hullabaloo. I don't want him to cook, but it would be great to have him here to wash the dishes piled up in the sink as I'm working, or just take the dogs out for a walk when they are climbing up my leg and I am watching the oven with cookies that have to be monitored carefully. This is nothing new - it happens every single time there is a get together at my house - he disappears.............. so I get rewarded for all this work with two Hnoora necklaces!!!! And if he IS here, it's "he doesn't know where the pots go, or if I ask him to set the table, he throws the utensils on the table like we're at a picnic, helter-skelter, any which way they fall, as long as they are within your arms reach - you're good. So you don't even want him here to "help" anyway!!!!! Just venting!!!!! Everybody have a happy! I'm going to take my four Advil and try to relax before everyone descends upon us.

Trusted Contributor

On 12/24/2014 Tiki Mommy said:

I know.............I just bought myself one of each because I deserve it. Do you know that I am home here cooking, baking, cleaning, taking care of three dogs all in preparation for a big family gathering. And where is my husband? He just takes off - bops around town, visits friends, anything just to get away from this house and all the hullabaloo. I don't want him to cook, but it would be great to have him here to wash the dishes piled up in the sink as I'm working, or just take the dogs out for a walk when they are climbing up my leg and I am watching the oven with cookies that have to be monitored carefully. This is nothing new - it happens every single time there is a get together at my house - he disappears.............. so I get rewarded for all this work with two Hnoora necklaces!!!! And if he IS here, it's "he doesn't know where the pots go, or if I ask him to set the table, he throws the utensils on the table like we're at a picnic, helter-skelter, any which way they fall, as long as they are within your arms reach - you're good. So you don't even want him here to "help" anyway!!!!! Just venting!!!!! Everybody have a happy! I'm going to take my four Advil and try to relax before everyone descends upon us.

Take care. Don't stress. Be blessed you have family around you today. Unfortunately, I don't have any family anymore, so it will be a quiet night alone. I plan to read a good book, maybe take a walk in the neighborhood and look at lights and maybe bake some cookies if I'm up for it.

Enjoy your necklaces and your holiday time with friends and family.

Frequent Contributor

Yes, you are right. I will take it as it comes, and just enjoy the day with my sister and her family. And blessings to you too. Do what you enjoy, say a little prayer and have a Merry!

Honored Contributor

Tiki mom... what happens if you tell your husband (but do it when there is a quiet moment?) I don't know how many years you have been married, but just thought I would ask.

If you are young, it might be worth considering drawing the line on guests. If things have "always" been this way, I hope you can save yourself from lots of stress by speaking up.

Happy Holiday -- I hope your get-together is warm and fun!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Frequent Contributor

Nope - I'm not young. We have been married for 40 years. Nothing will ever change so I just live with it. But I make sure I reward myself for living with it! LOL. In the end the get together will be fun. I personally like to cook and bake, but I like to get as much done beforehand as possible so I can spend time with my guests and today is the day I'm getting it all done - hence the stress. Then I'm going to snuggle up in a blanket with my doggies in my pj's with a nice hot apple cider and relax. ;-)

Trusted Contributor

The necklace went back to $68.00... the LTS was a good buy at $39.96.

Enjoy it if you got it.