Valued Contributor

QVC is now promo-ing a new line, Stella and Dot.  Do we really need more $100 a pop costume jewelry?  The stuff is all imported base metals and cheap crystals, maybe cute but IMO, not worth it.

Valued Contributor

Re: New line of costume jewelry

[ Edited ]

It is a multi-level marketing company from the San Francisco Bay Area that has been very popular for quite a few years. My only hope is that Q sales do not take away from sales by individual reps who depend on growing their own small businesses to support their families. 

Hopefully this additional exposure will enhance the individual women who are the "boots on the ground" that have made this company very very successful. It is a well-made diverse group of products from jewelry to handbags.

Honored Contributor

There are a lot of us out here that simply can't wear costume jewelry made with alloy metals, no matter what is coated/bonded (or not) on top.  I know I can't even wear Brass, so anything with Brass in it I won't buy.... won't even try....  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I'd say yes -  I have all the gold I'm ever going to buy except maybe a pair or two of earrings,  same for silver.  I just have allowed myself to buy so much over the years. 

That means now if I want jewelry, it's going to be costume.  And I'm also not going to pay 1000+ for my costume jewelry.  Been there, done that, love what I have already.  Time for less expensive but not necessarily really cheap.

I don't know if it will be the brand under discussion in this thread -  haven't seen any of it.

Honored Contributor

Nothing wrong with costume jewelry, some women like it but those prices were unbelievabley high for what it was.  Stuff you can find anywhere.  Susan Graver and Linea are selling better fashion jewelry.

Valued Contributor

Besides being allergic,not a fan of costume jewelry. Just can see paying that type of money for base metal. I don't care who the designer is. I love brooches, to wear on hats and scarfs, I have maybe 4 or 5 that are costume jewelry that I got on sale at Macys years back and paid maybe 15 dollars or less for each. I just don't get it.