Honored Contributor
On 1/4/2015 pink dogwood said:

I bought a couple of Colleen's and while they look nice enough, they're not worth the money. One of them that I have the side drawer pull tore off. It's easy to see how cheaply they're made. I was really disappointed that that happened. I still use it as I have nothing else.

I'll have to check out the Wolf ones some of you are talking about. And her's are not anti-tarnish either. This isn't good.

I just looked up both of these boxes. The Wolf ones do not say that they are tarnish free anywhere in the description. Colleen's say they are tarnish free.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Occasional Contributor
On 1/4/2015 Kachina624 said:

Colleen's boxes ARE anti-tarnish. I've sat through presentation on the Wolfe boxes several times and never heard any anti-tarnish properties mentioned. I have about 10 of Colleen's boxes, some are very old and heavily laden but they've held up very well and I've never had anything tarnish in them. Colleen actually makes a box for big rings. I have my Gems en Vogue in one. I love her boxes.

spud, liquid tarnish removers are made for flatware. Don't use them on jewelry. The best thing is a Sunshine Cloth.

WOLF boxes are anti-tarnish as well. I did hear them mentione this during presentation, and it is in the product description:

"... ultra-suede lines the interior and features LusterLoc technology which helps absorb gases that are known to tarnish timepieces and jewelry, helping to prevent tarnishing for up to 35 years."

Honored Contributor
On 1/4/2015 Faberge said:
On 1/4/2015 Kachina624 said:

Colleen's boxes ARE anti-tarnish. I've sat through presentation on the Wolfe boxes several times and never heard any anti-tarnish properties mentioned. I have about 10 of Colleen's boxes, some are very old and heavily laden but they've held up very well and I've never had anything tarnish in them. Colleen actually makes a box for big rings. I have my Gems en Vogue in one. I love her boxes.

spud, liquid tarnish removers are made for flatware. Don't use them on jewelry. The best thing is a Sunshine Cloth.

WOLF boxes are anti-tarnish as well. I did hear them mentione this during presentation, and it is in the product description:

"... ultra-suede lines the interior and features LusterLoc technology which helps absorb gases that are known to tarnish timepieces and jewelry, helping to prevent tarnishing for up to 35 years."

It didn't say anything about anti-tarnish in the Wolf jewelry box description that I read initially. After reading your comments I went back and looked at the description for another jewelry box and it does talk about LusterLoc. It's strange that it didn't mention it for the first jewelry box that I looked at--the Chelsea large ying-yang.

Edited to say that I just looked at a third Wolf jewelry box, and it also doesn't mention the anti-tarnish. I wonder if they only use the anti-tarnish in the tray type boxes. Maybe they just accidentally didn't put it in the description of the first one I looked at.

-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor
On 1/4/2015 Faberge said:
On 1/4/2015 BlingQueen022 said: I bought the 29 dollar box with compartments and the center ring display. Will not purchase them again because you can't store rings from Micheal V in them! The ring bars are way too thick!! I will keep buying boxes from Colleen Lopez. They're made better and nothing tarnishes in hers.

I bought one Wolf ring box last month and like it a lot. It has two sections - one ring roll is bigger for the larger rings, and another is smaller to fit narrow shanks. Micheal's rings fit in just fine.

My box only has one size roll for rings, and they are too large to hold any type of rings. Will not purchase from this vendor again.
Esteemed Contributor

Blingie and others -- I bought the Wolf ring box that was $29 before the holiday. It has half the box that fits average rings and the other half bigger rings like Michael Valitutti's or Ripka's or Bixby's rings with the thicker shanks.

A card comes with the Wolf boxes that talks about its closure keeps out the oxygen, and thus, keeps tarnish to a minimum.

I have the other Wolf box that had bangle spaces and ring spaces, too. I use the ring spaces in this for my bigger stud post earrings.

I have Colleen's, and although they say tarnish free, they are basically cardboard with flimsy hinges. These are superior in construction.

Respected Contributor
If you play this product 's video they explain that it has anti tarnishing protection for 35 years. Everybody should buy what they like and what they think it's good. I thought that real leather, glass from very old English house for $29 is a very good deal.
Super Contributor

What is the SHOP # for the Wolf boxes - Colleen's boxes don't hold up - I can attest to that! Not worth the money

Honored Contributor
On 1/4/2015 cooking lady said:

What is the SHOP # for the Wolf boxes - Colleen's boxes don't hold up - I can attest to that! Not worth the money

Just go to Shop HQ and search for Wolf jewelry box. There are quite a few.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

All I can say is don't use TarnX liquid. Long story, you will ruin your goodies.

Trusted Contributor
Funny you should ask. I logged in to post about them and found this. I bought one of each before Christmas and received both Christmas Eve. I just opened the boxes today. They are so nice! One is just for rings. Smaller rings bars on left with larger ring bars on the right. The other box has a small ring bar section in the middle with compartments for other items. I love that it has a glass top. It looks very nice as well. I am pleased and will keep both. I almost bought more today to have on hand or to give as gifts but stopped myself. When I know I need more or know who I can gift one to, then I will buy more. I would like to see this type of box with long sections for line bracelets. BTW these are anti-tarnish. They talked about it during the presentation and the card inside the box states it as well. The presentation said they are stackable. If you mean you can put a box on top of one another then okay, I guess that is stackable. To me stackable means there is a ridge of some sort so one would sort of lock into place on top of the other. There is no ridge so I personally do not consider it stackable. I do really like these boxes, though. I do not have Collen's boxes because the plastic top concerned me. I have a Lori Grenier box that I use but I find it cumbersome with all the drawers and pull-apart pieces. These simple boxes where I can see everything are great.