Respected Contributor

New QVC Mega Diamond Ring from Affinity

I see QVC is offering a new Affinity ring---J477223--3 carats of diamonds in sparkling rounds and baguettes.

I LOVE THIS RING!!!!

How do I know?  I bought it (a similar ring?) at Macy's two years ago.  All 5 star reviews and a video plus color and clarity information.

The ring is very heavy gold and sparkles so much!  Also the Macy's ring has a great undergallery. ONE OF MY FAVORITES AT A GREAT PRICE.

It is good that QVC is bringing some bigger pieces but this style is NOT unique to Affinity.

Valued Contributor

Re: New QVC Mega Diamond Ring from Affinity

I noticed in the description they didn't list the color or the clarity.  I have found Affinity diamonds to be hit and miss.  Some are beautiful and some are grey and cloudy.  I would at least want to see a video.

Honored Contributor

I just can't imagine spending that much money for a ring without seeing it in person, trying it on, etc.  But then, again, I don't spend that much for jewelry anyway.  For those who buy it...enjoy!

Honored Contributor

That ring has a generic design. Nothing really special about it. 

Honored Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper They offer another 3 carat ring for the same price or less; it's a band ring as well but all round stones.

This one concerns me because from the side, you see that the layers are not even but some rows protrude, others are sunken. I've seen rings like that in person and it takes away from the overall look of lots of diamonds.

There's a video with the women rep from Affinity that states why they don't need to list the color or clarity of their stones; it has to do with Affinity being a part of something and so ALL stones are certified this and that.....I just went "what?" I agree their stones can be hit or miss,

A video will help a LOT.

Honored Contributor

It might be the same ring that you got at Macy's.  QVC doesn't make it's jewelry, they probably bought from the same manufacturer that everyone who sells this same ring buys it from.  It's not unique to QVC, it's classic style that has been around.  I would never in million years buy a serious diamond from QVC because QVC does not provide diamond grades or the gram weight of the gold.  So, you don't really know what you are buying.  

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

It might be the same ring that you got at Macy's.  QVC doesn't make it's jewelry, they probably bought from the same manufacturer that everyone who sells this same ring buys it from.  It's not unique to QVC, it's classic style that has been around.  I would never in million years buy a serious diamond from QVC because QVC does not provide diamond grades or the gram weight of the gold.  So, you don't really know what you are buying.  

They provide diamond grades on certain pieces, and it is obvious that they are higher quality. 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky