Honored Contributor

@qwarkster wrote:

@hellodali wrote:

That screw bracelet is absolutely breath-taking!!  I would love to see that in black and silver.  OMG I would never take it off!  I can't wait to see what is offered. 

If you really want the screw cuff bracelet, it's all over the internet.  Nothing new.  But if it's LR's version you to NEED to have, then go ahead and wait.  It looks like a prisoner's shackle.  But then wearing pants without a belt and draping aroung the knees is the prisoner's getup and quite the mainstream now.  And, of course, a shackle is a shackle . . . no matter who wears it, be it an animal or person.  You are submitting to a . . .  let's say . . . fad, if not a submissive extrapolation of an artifact.  How original is that? And ever so stylish . . . !  OMG, never take it off -- which is the point of a shackle.  Simply because it's never been done in jewelry before????  LOL!!!!!!!!!

Wow.  That was quite a rant.  All over a bracelet.   

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@qwarkster wrote:

@hellodali wrote:

That screw bracelet is absolutely breath-taking!!  I would love to see that in black and silver.  OMG I would never take it off!  I can't wait to see what is offered. 

If you really want the screw cuff bracelet, it's all over the internet.  Nothing new.  But if it's LR's version you to NEED to have, then go ahead and wait.  It looks like a prisoner's shackle.  But then wearing pants without a belt and draping aroung the knees is the prisoner's getup and quite the mainstream now.  And, of course, a shackle is a shackle . . . no matter who wears it, be it an animal or person.  You are submitting to a . . .  let's say . . . fad, if not a submissive extrapolation of an artifact.  How original is that? And ever so stylish . . . !  OMG, never take it off -- which is the point of a shackle.  Simply because it's never been done in jewelry before????  LOL!!!!!!!!!

Lipstick Diva -- I echo your statement.  Wow!  I have looked online and what attracted me to LR's is the screw on both sides.  A lot just have it on one side. 

I can't wait to  hear the comments on the necklace! 

Respected Contributor

Re: New LR Bracelet

[ Edited ]

I don't want to get into trouble posting this; however, it is for charity and I think it is a generous act (from LR's page):

There is a lot going on in the world right now and instead of just feeling overwhelmed, we wanted to find a way to help.
So from 12p ET today until 12a ET tonight, the net proceeds of any piece of jewelry made in Italy will be donated to the Italian Red Cross to help with the devastating earthquake, and the net proceeds from any other pieces will go to the American Red Cross to help with Louisiana's recent flooding.
I know we're small, but I think we can really do something good with your help.
Here's hoping!

Super Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@qwarkster wrote:

@hellodali wrote:

This is not a rant. This is a critique of a bracelet design.  So stay on the subject, which is jewelry, instead of qualifying the poster's point of view. 

Respected Contributor

Wow Wow -- that was quite a critique!  as opposed to a rant!! 

I find the bracelet to be absolutely fabulous.  It is feminine but with an edge.  Some jewelry is cutesy. Some is gaudy.  I find this bracelet to be what I would call uptown funk.  It could be worn with jeans or a little black dress.  I also think men would like to see something like that on a woman. 

And until midnight all net proceeds from Italian and American made jewelry will be donated -- you can't get any better than that!

Super Contributor

@hellodali wrote:

I find the bracelet to be absolutely fabulous.  It is feminine but with an edge.  Some jewelry is cutesy. Some is gaudy.  I find this bracelet to be what I would call uptown funk.  It could be worn with jeans or a little black dress.  I also think men would like to see something like that on a woman. 

And until midnight all net proceeds from Italian and American made jewelry will be donated -- you can't get any better than that!

.       Yes. Lots of men might like to see a woman in a bracelet like 

this one. Looks a little like handcuffs to me. And to the other 

poster too. Just google prisoner shackles and the 

resemblance is amazing.  Hope you buy one and help

with the donation. ( and Lisa's sales also. )

Super Contributor

I would commend LR for the donation, but who is she kidding: 1) she needs a tax write-off; 2) she can sell more stuff with this ploy; and 3) she gets your money which is now added to her money and she gets the credit for donating.  I'd be more impressed if she said she is donating to the two causes, plain and simple, without bring her jewelry into the picture.  This way her customers feel good about purchasing even though they don't get the write-off.  Again, LR the master manipulator.  Sorry can't say anything good about her and you all hate to hear it. 

Honored Contributor

@hellodali wrote:

@hellodali - this bracelet will prob be a big seller for Lisa. More angst for her haters Heart

And the thinly veiled comments about 'slavery'  and 'prisoners' is coming from one source, multi nic's, intended to insult and bash Lisa as well as her customers. @hellodali - if you are fairly new here, you may not realize something happening on this thread as well as others, mostly those connected to Lisa.

This is from another poster, earlier today on another thread...we know!

"In the 12+ years I've been here there have been numerous posters who have held more than one ID and not only that, some have even had conversations with themselves.  heh

There is one professional troll who has probably had some 100 IDs and sometimes even more than one at a time.    Trolls seem to like this place because bannings are so infrequent that they can get away with a lot."

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Super Contributor
@qwarkster I agree with you completely! A ploy it is! One of her tribe said tears flowed down her cheeks when LR posted her plans to donate the net proceeds. Come on! Really??? These poor sheeple!
Respected Contributor

I have to admit I am fairly new to the jewelry section.  I recently found out about LR selling jewelry and now as I have been following her I am interested in her Christmas wares.

However, I had no idea how polarizing a topic she is. 

I do love love love the bracelet and can't wait until it is offered.  I would like it in black and silver or gold, but I don't think that is going to be an option.  I will have to wait and see.

In the meantime I commend for donating the net proceeds no matter what the reason.  Why do you think major corporations donate because they care?  If you think that, I'll sell you a bridge in NY.