Reply
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 3,874
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: New Judith Ripka ""LOVE"" Necklace

On 4/4/2015 kcubed said:

That absolutely has to be a mistake. Did anyone call CS?

Goodness, yes. I think somebody should. {#emotions_dlg.blink}


Maybe this is a mistake, too:

Judith Ripka Sterling Blue Doublet & DiamoniqueEarrings - J337477

J337477: sterling, MOP, fake diamonds, and "simulated blue quartz" (?), priced to fly out the door at only $852.96.......

Quick, before it sells out!

Super Contributor
Posts: 293
Registered: ‎09-03-2012

Re: New Judith Ripka ""LOVE"" Necklace

On 3/31/2015 Q4U said:

I love Ripka's QVC pieces but I agree with everyone on the prices. They up them and charge the prices they do because they can.... and if it doesn't sell like they thought it would, then we see a nice reduction, but holy Moly... {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

The last item I bought was the TSV's round tennis bracelet, which I thought was still a bit high. It has turned out well... clasp and safety clasp is strong, stones secure and I've worn it every day since it came, I love it. I wanted the larger square cut tennis bracelet that Shawn wears. The price came down a little with 5 easy pays and I went for it.... unfortunately the safety clasp started getting wobbly after two weeks of constant wear so (almost $400) I sent it back. If I decide to splurge on something I really, really want and pay the money for it, it had better be made very well~!

And that's the one thing I have a real problem with.... reading the reviews of some of her beautiful items, there's a lot of angst and low feedback about the item not being manufactured all that well. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

The quality certainly has gone down in recent years, maybe since she sold out? I have old pieces and one newer one. The quality of the finishing is night and day. Shawn was wearing that square bracelet on air fairly recently with a stone missing. The ridiculous pricing is just an insulting money grab. I'm sure Judith doesn't set the prices, she is just the on air color commentary any more.

Super Contributor
Posts: 1,454
Registered: ‎12-22-2010

Re: New Judith Ripka ""LOVE"" Necklace

On 4/4/2015 GoodStuff said:
On 4/4/2015 kcubed said:

That absolutely has to be a mistake. Did anyone call CS?

Goodness, yes. I think somebody should. {#emotions_dlg.blink}


Maybe this is a mistake, too:

Judith Ripka Sterling Blue Doublet & DiamoniqueEarrings - J337477

J337477: sterling, MOP, fake diamonds, and "simulated blue quartz" (?), priced to fly out the door at only $852.96.......

Quick, before it sells out!

I bought these earrings (whole suite) and I have to say they are stunning. As beautiful as they are, ultimately I couldn't live with how much they cost and with reluctance I returned them. I am hoping to see them drastically reduced someday - #LTS {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} Super pretty ....sigh..........

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 3,874
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: New Judith Ripka ""LOVE"" Necklace

On 4/5/2015 BGDC said:
On 4/4/2015 GoodStuff said:
On 4/4/2015 kcubed said:

That absolutely has to be a mistake. Did anyone call CS?

Goodness, yes. I think somebody should. {#emotions_dlg.blink}


Maybe this is a mistake, too:

Judith Ripka Sterling Blue Doublet & DiamoniqueEarrings - J337477

J337477: sterling, MOP, fake diamonds, and "simulated blue quartz" (?), priced to fly out the door at only $852.96.......

Quick, before it sells out!

I bought these earrings (whole suite) and I have to say they are stunning. As beautiful as they are, ultimately I couldn't live with how much they cost and with reluctance I returned them. I am hoping to see them drastically reduced someday - #LTS {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} Super pretty ....sigh..........

Indeed, they are pretty, and a classic, elegant design. I'd consider them a nice buy for $50 or so. I own beautiful MOP, sterling, and faux diamond earrings from Macy's and TJ Maxx for around $25. I don't even know what "simulated blue quartz" would be! These aren't just "overpriced"; at over $850 the price is absolutely, atronomically outrageous for what these are! You were wise to re-think your purchase and return them.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 3,874
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: New Judith Ripka ""LOVE"" Necklace

A very nice sterling, simulated blue quartz, and CZ necklace to go with those JR earrings. From WalMart. For $39..........

And to finish the suite, a simulated blue quartz, sterling, and CZ ring from Kohl's.......on sale buy one/get one half off (reg. price $300).......... I can only imagine what Ms. Ripka would charge to stamp her initials on this chunky piece.

Super Contributor
Posts: 1,454
Registered: ‎12-22-2010

Re: New Judith Ripka ""LOVE"" Necklace

Oh, boy...... I can't imagine it's as bad as you're painting it out to be!

Well, I still am a big fan of Judith and love her sense of style and design. I think her stuff is wonderful, and I hope to see some good "deals" soon. I thought the TSV cuffs were great and fair in price. I didn't buy them because I didn't need them, but not everything is outrageously priced......just some things........

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,232
Registered: ‎03-17-2010

Re: New Judith Ripka ""LOVE"" Necklace

On 4/4/2015 Penellope said:
On 3/31/2015 Q4U said:

I love Ripka's QVC pieces but I agree with everyone on the prices. They up them and charge the prices they do because they can.... and if it doesn't sell like they thought it would, then we see a nice reduction, but holy Moly... {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

The last item I bought was the TSV's round tennis bracelet, which I thought was still a bit high. It has turned out well... clasp and safety clasp is strong, stones secure and I've worn it every day since it came, I love it. I wanted the larger square cut tennis bracelet that Shawn wears. The price came down a little with 5 easy pays and I went for it.... unfortunately the safety clasp started getting wobbly after two weeks of constant wear so (almost $400) I sent it back. If I decide to splurge on something I really, really want and pay the money for it, it had better be made very well~!

And that's the one thing I have a real problem with.... reading the reviews of some of her beautiful items, there's a lot of angst and low feedback about the item not being manufactured all that well. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

The quality certainly has gone down in recent years, maybe since she sold out? I have old pieces and one newer one. The quality of the finishing is night and day. Shawn was wearing that square bracelet on air fairly recently with a stone missing. The ridiculous pricing is just an insulting money grab. I'm sure Judith doesn't set the prices, she is just the on air color commentary any more.

OH NO a stone was missing?? I'm so sorry to hear that... {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

*~Smile...... it makes the wrinkles go up.....Unknown~*
Regular Contributor
Posts: 152
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

Re: New Judith Ripka ""LOVE"" Necklace

Wow. When BGDC says a "price makes no sense" JR at the Q has finally jumped the shark.

I treasure my "old" JR pieces! The heavy, carved silver is a testament to what her line used to be. No way will I give up my silver cuffs, and I'm SO thankful I had the presence of mind to buy them when I did!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,954
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: New Judith Ripka ""LOVE"" Necklace

On 4/3/2015 BlingQueen022 said:
On 3/31/2015 italia814 said:

The prices she charges for her costume jewelry is RIDICULOUS!!!!

Since when is sterling silver considered costume jewelry. Did you make up that rule?

When you add CZ and other simulated stones, it's definitely costume jewelry, IMO.

Super Contributor
Posts: 376
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: New Judith Ripka ""LOVE"" Necklace

Did anyone else notice this piece suddenly went down to $164????? Yesterday it said it was unavailable and today this!!