Contributor

Re: New Judith Ripka ""LOVE"" Necklace

The prices she charges for her costume jewelry is RIDICULOUS!!!!

Contributor

On 3/31/2015 Oneanddone said:
On 3/31/2015 Thumperluver said:

WOW!!! I really don't see the justification. I'm waiting for someone to say it was a typo.

I was waiting for that too!

I first thought I needed more coffee, then I thought maybe I just need a shot of Tequila because either way something had to slap me out of the shock. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Take $431.00 and make it into $131.00 and you have a sale right here!

I know, right?!

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/31/2015 italia814 said:

The prices she charges for her costume jewelry is RIDICULOUS!!!!

Since when is sterling silver considered costume jewelry. Did you make up that rule?

Trusted Contributor

This LOVE necklace reminds me of the sculpture in Philadelphia, the city of Brotherly Love:

LOVE Statue

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Super Contributor

I haven't purchased any Ripka in quite some time but this I fell in love with....until I saw the price! I actually had to read the description twice as I thought for sure at the very least she had used real diamonds. Wayyyy too expensive for sliver and a tiny bit of diamonique for me.
Trusted Contributor

The "rationale" is that QVC and Ms. Ripka plan to churn out mass-produced jewelry in overseas factories as cheaply as feasible and charge as much for them as customers can be talked into paying.

A smidge of sterling, teeny-bopper-ish "LOVE" word design, a sprinkle of Diamonique fake diamonds......... Is $431 for this piece nuts? Do you really need to ask?

Super Contributor

Hate to say I agree, Good Stuff.

NJG - reminds me of the movie logo for Love Story

Honored Contributor

I have lots of Ripka from the past and glad I do....thought I would take a look at the "new" selection of Ripka as I haven't bought in some time. It is not only the price increases, but the design elements seemed to have changed. The iconic heavy berge with real gemstones that were bought at reasonable prices in the past are no longer a staple in the collection. I respect everyone's choice, but just a rarity for me anymore that I purchase Ripka.

Super Contributor

That absolutely has to be a mistake. Did anyone call CS?

Trusted Contributor

Well.......the necklace does contain a whopping 3/10 carat of simulated diamonds! That has to count for something.