Frequent Contributor

New Judith Ripka "LOVE" Necklace

Anyone see the new Judith Ripka love necklace? I have many of her pieces because they are lovely and well-made. I would have ordered this but then I saw the price: $431! This is a Tiffany necklace price! I'd love to know the rationale behind this price; I know you have to pay a percentage for a designer's name but......

Frequent Contributor

Re: New Judith Ripka ""LOVE"" Necklace

Yes. I think it's a sweet, light summer piece and I would love it, no pun intended, at one third the price. I love JR "stuff" and have a ton of it, one is her similarly designed love bracelet from several years ago. It was many times more silver at half the cost. Last few years I almost exclusively buy JR from clearance, OTOs and other value-right opportunities. Of course "value" is in the eye of the beholder so this is simply what's true for me.
Highlighted
Super Contributor

INS

ANE.

sorry. very sorry to say, but more sorry to see. price makes no sense to me whatsoever. what is going on????

Trusted Contributor

On 3/31/2015 BGDC said:

INS

ANE.

sorry. very sorry to say, but more sorry to see. price makes no sense to me whatsoever. what is going on????

Could not agree more.

I saw this necklace online this morning and would have loved to purchase it.

Then I looked at the price.

NO WAY. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Contributor

WOW!!! I really don't see the justification. I'm waiting for someone to say it was a typo.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/31/2015 Thumperluver said:

WOW!!! I really don't see the justification. I'm waiting for someone to say it was a typo.

I was waiting for that too!

I first thought I needed more coffee, then I thought maybe I just need a shot of Tequila because either way something had to slap me out of the shock. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Take $431.00 and make it into $131.00 and you have a sale right here!

Valued Contributor

I think that kind of style cheapens her brand.

Wait ... is that even possible at those prices?!

Honored Contributor

I love Ripka's QVC pieces but I agree with everyone on the prices. They up them and charge the prices they do because they can.... and if it doesn't sell like they thought it would, then we see a nice reduction, but holy Moly... {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

The last item I bought was the TSV's round tennis bracelet, which I thought was still a bit high. It has turned out well... clasp and safety clasp is strong, stones secure and I've worn it every day since it came, I love it. I wanted the larger square cut tennis bracelet that Shawn wears. The price came down a little with 5 easy pays and I went for it.... unfortunately the safety clasp started getting wobbly after two weeks of constant wear so (almost $400) I sent it back. If I decide to splurge on something I really, really want and pay the money for it, it had better be made very well~!

And that's the one thing I have a real problem with.... reading the reviews of some of her beautiful items, there's a lot of angst and low feedback about the item not being manufactured all that well. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Regular Contributor

I agree w/ all previous responses, but I think an even WORSE price is $277 for J338307 - the pave balls for the cuff w/ the interchangeable endcaps. The cuff w/ TWO sets of endcaps is now $189. What gives??? It would be interesting to start a thread w/ your opinions on the best priced piece of Ripka on the Q now & the worst priced piece.

Valued Contributor

J339219 $431.

Judith Ripka Sterling Diamonique LOVE Necklace - J339219

As someone who shopped Georgetown, DC in the early 70's, i think this is a sweet enough concept. But at less than 1/3 carat small stones, too bad it's only diamonique.

I still love the heavy, genuine gemstone Ripka pieces i bought a few years ago, but i guess i'll go no farther than window-shopping from now on. The mark-up is ridiculous, imo, especially for a huge seller like QVC.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Kindness is a gift everyone can afford to give.
**Be the reason someone smiles today : )