Honored Contributor

Re: New. Improved camera and lighting for jewelry shows. Finally.

@snipsnapsnur wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

My Qvc2 channel does not come in HD. Everything is in standard definition and blurry. No details can be seen in anything I watch on Qvc2, especially jewelry and makeup shows. 

Regular Qvc channel is fine.

I've never watch QVC2.  I'm watching on regular QVC channel, in HD, and it must be showing QVC2 because I can't see anything clearly.  Sucks.

@snipsnapsnur @Go back to the first item shown earlier today. The video will be in the new camera if you're watching QVC 1. It's coming in on my iPad and TV. 

Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

I completely disagree...this is awful and nauseating. And I will not watch it! My favorite jewelry day now ruined...so off to watch the Australian Open or TCM. I was even starting a new thread myself but hadn't posted it yet. Here it is: 

Wow, seems they're using some new up close/high definition camera work on Jen Coffey's jewelry show. WTH? It's not making me see the items better...it's quite the opposite. And there's constantly an out of focus portion somewhere on the screen of the host, vendor, etc. when they're doing a close-up. Even the jewelry item is out of focus more then in focus. I know they're just trying to present the item better but this is not pleasing to me and I don't like it. Anyone else?

@pupwhipped @Maybe what you saw was just the first few minutes before Jen adjusted herself and the cameras. Mine was not out of focus. I could see the diamonds better than I've ever seen them before. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

My Qvc2 channel does not come in HD. Everything is in standard definition and blurry. No details can be seen in anything I watch on Qvc2, especially jewelry and makeup shows. 

@SilleeMee @Only QVC 1 is in high definition. You can go back to the videos from the show that aired earlier today. There will be bluing when a host or model is moving toward the camera to get a close up, but once in position the blurring stops. I'm watching on my iPad Pro, which only goes up to 720 HD. The newer Pro goes up to 1080. I'm sure DirecTV in 1080P will be even sharper for you. I haven't looked at mine yet.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee @Only QVC 1 is in high definition. You can go back to the videos from the show that aired earlier today. There will be bluing when a host or model is moving toward the camera to get a close up, but once in position the blurring stops. I'm watching on my iPad, which only goes up to 720 HD. I'm sure Directv in 1080P will be even sharper for you. 

@Mindy D 

I see what you mean. To me it appears to be a problem with the depth of field focus feature of the camera they are using. Seems to have a depth away from the lens where things will be in foucs and anything that isn't inside that focal area is blurry.

Respected Contributor

I had to turn it on to see what everyone was talking about.  It's awful.  It literrally made me dizzy just watching it for a minute.  

Why do they keep doing things that are worse instead of improved?

Occasional Contributor

I do not like this format at all - everything seems distorted.  I was ( trying ) to watch the jewelry presented yesterday ( on Q@ ) with Terri and Nancy - and it just doesn't provide the quality of what I see on a normal set (?) camera projecting??    Love both Terri and Nancy, so I continued to watch, but it was not clear.   Don't like much of the way shows on the Q2 channel are presented - specifically fashion, they never seem to have all the items available with them on set - and you just see a picture of them.   Thankfully I can shop on the website - feel bad for those viewers / customers that don't/can't.  Love the products they present - but will always prefer the traditional presentations.   just my opinion ... 

Respected Contributor

@FranandZoe wrote:

I had to turn it on to see what everyone was talking about.  It's awful.  It literrally made me dizzy just watching it for a minute.  

Why do they keep doing things that are worse instead of improved?

Yes, @FranandZoe, dizzying and nauseating at best. I truly hope the show with Jen was an experiment...epic fail in my book!!! Thank goodness Pat Dementri is now on with a visually sane and pleasing jewelry show.

There are times I believe QVC has been taken over by aliens who are on a mission to destroy it. Woman Frustrated  

Valued Contributor

I do not like the up close and bright lightening set. I can’t tell what I’m looking at everything is blurry. It gives me a migraine trying to watch.
Valued Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@snipsnapsnur wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

Improved camera and lighting for jewelry shows. Finally. I just watched Jennifer Coffey presenting Diamonique, Affinity and Jai using the new lighting and close up cameras for the show. This is a big improvement. We can finally see what the stones look like. We can really see what the pieces look like when worn on the host, vendor and model. Good job QVC. 

You must be kidding!  This Skype-type jewelry show stinks!  Can't see anything she holds up toward the camera.  What happened to Live in the Studio programing?

@snipsnapsnur @This is not the Skype type show. It's brand new, in studio, special high definition cameras and lighting. It's so new that Jennifer has had to tell the vendors coming on today how to work with it. 

Whatever it is, it sucks.

Honored Contributor

I'm thinking your TV provider (antenna,cable, DISH, or DirecTV) has something to do with how you are seeing the new technology.  That's why I'm reading so many different reactions.