Honored Contributor

New. Improved camera and lighting for jewelry shows. Finally.

[ Edited ]

Improved camera and lighting for jewelry shows. Finally. I just watched Jennifer Coffey presenting Diamonique, Affinity and Jai using the new lighting and close up cameras for the show. This is a big improvement. We can finally see what the stones look like. We can really see what the pieces look like when worn on the host, vendor and model. Good job QVC. 

Sorry if I wasn't clear. This is not a Skype type of show. It's in-studio high definition cameras with the highest definition they have for this type of jewelry presentation. This uses special lighting. There is blurring when models or hosts move in closer toward the camera to come in for a close up. Once in position the blurring stops. 

Valued Contributor

Re: New. Improved camera and lighting for jewelry shows. Finally.

@Mindy D wrote:

Improved camera and lighting for jewelry shows. Finally. I just watched Jennifer Coffey presenting Diamonique, Affinity and Jai using the new lighting and close up cameras for the show. This is a big improvement. We can finally see what the stones look like. We can really see what the pieces look like when worn on the host, vendor and model. Good job QVC. 

You must be kidding!  This Skype-type jewelry show stinks!  Can't see anything she holds up toward the camera.  What happened to Live in the Studio programing?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My Qvc2 channel does not come in HD. Everything is in standard definition and blurry. No details can be seen in anything I watch on Qvc2, especially jewelry and makeup shows. 

Regular Qvc channel is fine.

Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

My Qvc2 channel does not come in HD. Everything is in standard definition and blurry. No details can be seen in anything I watch on Qvc2, especially jewelry and makeup shows. 

I've never watch QVC2.  I'm watching on regular QVC channel, in HD, and it must be showing QVC2 because I can't see anything clearly.  Sucks.

Respected Contributor

I completely disagree...this is awful and nauseating. And I will not watch it! My favorite jewelry day now ruined...so off to watch the Australian Open or TCM. I was even starting a new thread myself but hadn't posted it yet. Here it is: 

Wow, seems they're using some new up close/high definition camera work on Jen Coffey's jewelry show. WTH? It's not making me see the items better...it's quite the opposite. And there's constantly an out of focus portion somewhere on the screen of the host, vendor, etc. when they're doing a close-up. Even the jewelry item is out of focus more then in focus. I know they're just trying to present the item better but this is not pleasing to me and I don't like it. Anyone else?

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee, not talking about QVC2. We're talking about Jen Coffey's current jewelry show on the main QVC channel.  

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@Mindy D   I agree.

I'm watching this new format for the first time today and yes, it's definitely different at first.  But after watching several presentations -- and making two purchases -- I really do like it! 

Puts the focus clearly on the jewelry item, and not the host performing for the camera.  Everything is crystal clear to me.

Respected Contributor

The only time that you can clearly see the jewelry is when they do the close up still shots of the rings When they show the live shots of the hosts it's blurry and it goes in and out of focus. It's weird. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Watching now.  The only time it is really clear is when it is laying on platform by itself.  Up close on the fingers or wrist on host is blurry.  

Honored Contributor

@snipsnapsnur wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

You must be kidding!  This Skype-type jewelry show stinks!  Can't see anything she holds up toward the camera.  What happened to Live in the Studio programing?

@snipsnapsnur @This is not the Skype type show. It's brand new, in studio, special high definition cameras and lighting. It's so new that Jennifer has had to tell the vendors coming on today how to work with it.