Valued Contributor

THANK YOU to the powers-that-be for Diamonique for bringing so many new, and COLORFUL items!! For a few years, Diamonique was boring, but not now! Also, I think Erin being the rep for the brand is such a great choice Smiley Happy I've added several items to my wish list for Christmas gifts Smiley Happy Can't wait to see what's next!

Honored Contributor

Re: New Diamonique - IN LOVE!!!

What's lacking in Diamonque- substantial settings. I realize that since QVC no longer offers Tacoria?(sp) choices are limited. Not like it used to be.

Respected Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

What's lacking in Diamonque- substantial settings. I realize that since QVC no longer offers Tacoria?(sp) choices are limited. Not like it used to be.

@Sweet_Serenity ~~ Agree!  The settings they use look so tin-ny, and certainly cheapens the look.  Might as well be using aluminum!  JMO, but Tova's pieces don't have that "cheap" look.

Her settings seem to be much more substantial which makes her pieces (more) believable.

Honored Contributor

Diamonique on the Q doesnt even come close to the beautiful settings of Bella Luce on JTV.

Honored Contributor

Most of my Diamonique dates back to the 1990's -  now gold costs 2 to 2 and a half times what it did then and I quit paying anyone what a decent gold setting costs now. 

I might do that if I actually made good use of what I already have because I don't really believe in comparing price to prices from another time when there's nowhere to buy new pieces at those prices.  Just the other day, I paid $2.99 for a loaf of bread and it was on sale -  I remember when my mother used to send me to the neighborhood store with a quarter to buy bread and to "bring back the change." 

There's no way I can wait for the price to be what I'd like it to be, but truthfully I feel lucky to be where I am today.  I don't want jewelry and I have enough money to buy bread!

Super Contributor

Diamonique is not what it was years ago. A lot lacking. I just returned a ring thst was "Meghans". I could not believe how chintzy it was. Not what they had many years ago. Yes, Tovas Diamonique is beautiful, that's about it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity. I agree. I loved the heavier, more intricate Tacori settings.

Honored Contributor

I still like the Q's Diamonique best and they knew what they were doing when they hired Erin to rep that line. I just got a vintage looking ring from Diamonique and the setting is substantial and I love it.

Honored Contributor

I wish there was a way to shop Diamonique by stone color. When I search under 'new' There doesn't appear to be very many colored stone choices.

Honored Contributor

There's a difference between price & value.

We all have accepted prices are not the same as they were 20 years ago but the value has seemed to have declined as well.

I do like to see the sterling or gold in a ring or bracelet.