Regular Contributor

@songbird , thanks for the clarification.  I know the SI 1, SI 2 etc.  It confused me because you accidentally transposed the letter and number.  What I have noticed is that many Affinity pieces even have  diamonds with I1 and even I2, ugh.  That included leaves very little chance of any sparkle and just look dull. 

The color I think is more of personal preference.  And it's pretty hard to tell the difference between say and "E" and a "G" or even "H" at least to my eye.  I have both "E" and "G" and the clarity and cut is more important to me personally.  

Honored Contributor

Re: New Affinity rings

[ Edited ]

@mrssweetiebear   Yes, I accidently transposed it, and I didn't even notice.  Color is still important to me.  I happened to have the one carat Affinity ring they offered during Gold Day.  They showed in a very pretty box with a LED light.  Well, in that light....the diamonds were so white, they knocked your socks off.  Then you took the ring out and.....yes it was H color.  the contrast was very noticeable.  I received the ring in the same presentation box, which was really nice.  But it was noticeably dimmer outside the box, without that LED light.. To me, color is important.  I have a near colorless diamond and Burma Ruby ring I got from Gem Shopping Network.  The diamonds were in baguettes shape (2 1/2 C)   I had a GIA certificate with it, and was amazed at the diamond color.  So white!  The diamonds were worth more then the Ruby and a 2 Carat Burma ruby is nothing to sneeze at. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: New Affinity rings

[ Edited ]

@songbird wrote:

@mrssweetiebear wrote:

@songbird wrote:

All of the Afinity seem to be the same.  Color H, 1S & 2S.  I think the average diamond color is G.

@songbird , Can you explain what you mean by 1S & 2S? I am not familair with that designation.  Is that just a QVC rating?

No.  It's universal descriptions of diamonds.  It should be SI.   SI stands for inclusions. SI 1 is better then SI 2.  Diamonds run from FL (flawless) to SI 1-2   Nothing wrong with SI 1 or SI 2.  Just that with small inclusions SI 1 is better to have then SI 2.  Obviously SI 1 costs more.  An example is a SI 1 would cost $10,000.00, but a SI 2 would cost $8,000.00.  It's nitpicking but there is also VS 1 & VS 2.  It's stands for very small inclusion.  A dimaond is going to have inclusions, no matter what of the alphabet it is. 

The only flawless I ever saw has been on Gem Shopping, (also D Color) are by designer Cat Florence.  But they are very small.  Because of that, the jewelry is expensive, but not excessively so. But the flash is BIG, LOL.

What I don't like so much is QVC color of Affinity. (H)  The color (brightness) of the diamond outweighs inclusions to me anyway.  Inclusions are part of nature.  My diamond is at least a G. Which is really kind of average.  So called dead diamonds are way down the alphabet in brightness.

Songbird, David has been on the last couple days with Modern Estate and Period Jewelry.  He brings esquisite items to his shows.  I was out today with hubs for a nice lunch and I am taping him to watch later.  

Here is his schedute: