Respected Contributor

Necklace that coordinates w/TSV bracelet

[ Edited ]

I took a look at the gemstone tennis necklaces, and found myself very disappointed.  Instead of a box clasp, the closure is a lobster claw clasp with an extender chain.  Despite the vendor claiming it wouldn't, I cannot help but think that necklace is going to be flipping over all the time.   What do you jewelry afficianadoes think, can that necklace possibly stay flat, so that the stones stay upright when wearing, with as loose and unstructured a clasp as a lobster claw?

Respected Contributor

Re: Necklace that coordinates w.TSV bracelet

I rarely wear silver, but I decided to buy the multicolored tennis necklace due to all the gorgeous colors.  I have priced similar necklaces in gold and sapphires, and they usually start at multiple thousands.

i actually really like that the necklace is adjustable with the lobster clasp and extender chain, because that means I can wear it with many different outfits.  

I like 16 inches with an open blouse, and 20 inches over a sweater.

And because I bought the necklace with all the different stones, I can wear it more frequently since it will complement many outfits.

If the necklace flips all the time I can just return it, but I have a lot of trust in that vendor because he comes from a family of gemstone experts, so making jewelry is both his passion and his profession.

Respected Contributor

Re: Necklace that coordinates w.TSV bracelet

Thank you, @FancyPhillyshopper .  I have never purchased from this vendor before, so I can only go by my experience with gemstone tennis necklaces I already own.  Years and years ago the Q sold one as a TSV and I bought one in garnet and one in blue topaz.  I also have a couple of Diamonique necklaces.  All of them have box clasps, as the TSV bracelets today do, so I could not help but wonder about the matching necklaces.  I briefly considered buying two bracelets and clasping them together, it would be cheaper than the necklace, but the clasps would show, and as you rightly point out, the extender chain gives the necklace a nice variability in length, which is useful. 

I guess I'm not wiling to spend almost $600 to find out if it flips or not.  I really hope it doesn't, and you get a gorgeous necklace to love and wear in good health for many years, @FancyPhillyshopper , thank you for sharing your opinion!