Respected Contributor

I think Nancy is lovely! But, to each his own. I find JRT's yammering and telling personal stories really unwatchable! So I don't! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Trusted Contributor
Every presentation seems like a train wreck to me. She stammers her way through every show. I agree Nancy is lovely and nice, but I don't think she is a good host. Little to no improvement since she started.
Respected Contributor
On 3/31/2015 jugtown said:

Nancy is one of the best hosts they have . . love her. Why the obsession, TX?

I don't have an obsession. I stated that she has greatly improved. She had been doing so well lately, I just noticed she was totally off the last few times I watched her. She is a beautiful lady & much improved since her beginning. I don't consider that an obsession.

Occasional Contributor

I really enjoy Nancy because she doesn't spend the whole presentation looking at herself in the monitor...I find that totally distracting! I also notice that some of the vendors also have no interaction with the audience...just stare into the monitor!

Valued Contributor

I love to watch Nancy. She has made a huge improvement since her early days. I saw the show and she was great as usual. She is so much better than some of the other hosts.

Super Contributor

I have seen great improvement in Nancy. I also think she made an awesome and strategic career move by getting a gemology degree.

She is the only host who is a gemologist.

Super Contributor

Nancy is notorious for stumbling her way through her shows. It's very distracting and annoying to try and listen to her. Sometimes even if it's a show I'm interested in, I simply won't and can't watch for long because her inability to complete a sentence without stumbling! It's like nails on a chalkboard!! And then to make it worse, Nancy will force a laugh to compensate for her getting her words all jumbled up. That to me says she knows she messes up and hopes by her busting out laughing, she thinks no one will notice.

I have not found Nancy to have improved at all with those issues. She's been that way since day 1 and it's still on going! {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Super Contributor
On 4/1/2015 TrailBlazer05 said:

Nancy is notorious for stumbling her way through her shows. It's very distracting and annoying to try and listen to her. Sometimes even if it's a show I'm interested in, I simply won't and can't watch for long because her inability to complete a sentence without stumbling! It's like nails on a chalkboard!! And then to make it worse, Nancy will force a laugh to compensate for her getting her words all jumbled up. That to me says she knows she messes up and hopes by her busting out laughing, she thinks no one will notice.

I have not found Nancy to have improved at all with those issues. She's been that way since day 1 and it's still on going! {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

It's really pathetic you feel your criticism is more important then somebody else's feelings. And you write that she has issues...shame on you!

ETA: opinion to criticism

Honored Contributor

Nancy is terrible, IMO.

I don't think she prepares very well...she seems to do her presentations "off the cuff" and she makes a LOT of mistakes.

Big deal that she got a gem degree...it's not brain surgery. It doesn't help when she confuses everything on a regular basis!

I just checked out the GIA...the course to become a certified gemologist takes 6 MONTHS (if done full time). I don't consider that a "big deal."

Super Contributor

Nancy is my favorite jewelry host. I'd much rather see her than Rick. Nancy comes across as being genuinely interested in, and knowledgeable about, the jewelry she's selling. Rick sells jewelry like he sells everything else, as if it's a used car.