Reply
Super Contributor
Posts: 472
Registered: ‎10-16-2010

Re: Name a piece of unworn QVC jewelry

A glitzy Nolan Miller pedant with a GIANT faux pearl and LOTS of faux sapphires. I adored it at the time I bought it. Truly something a queen would wear. Nowadays I'm truly embarrassed and ashamed at how much I paid for it, having never had a queenly occasion to wear it. 

 

Thank you for starting this thread! Feels good not to be alone in one's embarrassing pointless purchases. Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,744
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Name a piece of unworn QVC jewelry

Nolan Miller rose brooch that I loved and planned to wear to the rose society conventions.  It would never clasp.  The pin was too short and by the time I realized it (first time I was going to wear it), was too late to return so "I ate it" sotospeak, as I have done with many mail-order and e-order items.

Super Contributor
Posts: 440
Registered: ‎09-09-2012

Re: Name a piece of unworn QVC jewelry

Awww, we are just incurable shoppers. I am bring this beauty out and  will try to wear. It isnt that I dont like it, I am just always dashing out the door and find that I dont have it on the grab and go stand, rather it is IN the chest. This makes a huge difference, out of  sight out of mind.

 

As an Ebay buyer and seller I encourage all of you to take things that you dont want and list them. I assure somebody else does. Sell and buy something you want, its a great big  swap meet out there! 

Super Contributor
Posts: 472
Registered: ‎10-16-2010

Re: Name a piece of unworn QVC jewelry


@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

Nolan Miller rose brooch that I loved and planned to wear to the rose society conventions.  It would never clasp.  The pin was too short and by the time I realized it (first time I was going to wear it), was too late to return so "I ate it" sotospeak, as I have done with many mail-order and e-order items.


 

Oh no! I'm so sorry the pin was defective! Those NM rose brooches were gorgeous. Especially the red one intended to commemorate Nancy Reagan. But then they were all lovely. Heart

Super Contributor
Posts: 472
Registered: ‎10-16-2010

Re: Name a piece of unworn QVC jewelry


@Thebig I wrote:

Awww, we are just incurable shoppers. I am bring this beauty out and  will try to wear. It isnt that I dont like it, I am just always dashing out the door and find that I dont have it on the grab and go stand, rather it is IN the chest. This makes a huge difference, out of  sight out of mind.

 

As an Ebay buyer and seller I encourage all of you to take things that you dont want and list them. I assure somebody else does. Sell and buy something you want, its a great big  swap meet out there! 


 

Thank you for the encouragement! I keep intending to post some of my little-worn Q jewelry on ebay but I'm terrible at taking pictures. The Nolan Miller Big Pearl Pendant...I've never seen one actually sell on ebay, although there are always several listed--at prices starting at $5 Smiley Sad 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,527
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Name a piece of unworn QVC jewelry


@AuntMame wrote:

@Thebig I wrote:

Awww, we are just incurable shoppers. I am bring this beauty out and  will try to wear. It isnt that I dont like it, I am just always dashing out the door and find that I dont have it on the grab and go stand, rather it is IN the chest. This makes a huge difference, out of  sight out of mind.

 

As an Ebay buyer and seller I encourage all of you to take things that you dont want and list them. I assure somebody else does. Sell and buy something you want, its a great big  swap meet out there! 


 

Thank you for the encouragement! I keep intending to post some of my little-worn Q jewelry on ebay but I'm terrible at taking pictures. The Nolan Miller Big Pearl Pendant...I've never seen one actually sell on ebay, although there are always several listed--at prices starting at $5 Smiley Sad 


My advice is get better at taking pictures and do it.  You will be surprised how much money you can recoop seling on ebay.  And you get the same rush as you do when you buy.  

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,297
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Name a piece of unworn QVC jewelry

Zero, zip, none.  And I have hundreds of pieces.  All worn and loved to some extend or other.  Its different with clothes, there are a few pieces floating around with tags yet.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,953
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Name a piece of unworn QVC jewelry

I only have 1 JR bee pin that I have not worn yet.  Otherwise, I wear all my jewelry multiple times.  I have that heart Judith bracelet in the tigers eye and turquoise and I have worn it many times.  

 

I have those Ross Simons turq and citrine earrings too and love them.  I have not worn them for a while so I will have to get them out.  

 

I plan my outfits around my jewelry, lol.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,927
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Name a piece of unworn QVC jewelry

Most of my stuff came from QVC--and I wear most of them all the time---didn't buy any  designers things tho--- it is mostly earrings; I sold alot of the gold and silver things that I never wore. Had a ton of it too when the prices were so low. 

Regular Contributor
Posts: 186
Registered: ‎11-18-2018

Re: Name a piece of unworn QVC jewelry

A few months ago I cleared out my jewelry armoire and donated a lot of stuff to my church's thrift store. The volunteers tell me it sold out quickly and some was bought by the volunteers before it even got out into the store. It was all "fashion" jewelry,Joan Rivers, Nolan Miller, Edwin Pearl, KJLane etc.

There is a lady at my church who constantly tells me if I want to sell my KJL lipstick pin to please sell it to her. I wear it on my trench coat so she has seen it often.However, I love it & have no desire to sell it. I always tell her to watch E bay for one.