Esteemed Contributor

Re: Name a piece of unworn QVC jewelry

I have an older green stretch bead Lee Sands bracelet with a separate flower made of beads in the center of the bracelet. It fit too small so I redid it and added more beads. But I thought over time it was too loose so I re-did the bracelet again with less added beads.

I have some Connemara marble jewelry bought from QVC that I need to dig out for St. Patrick's Day too.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

Nolan Miller rose brooch that I loved and planned to wear to the rose society conventions.  It would never clasp.  The pin was too short and by the time I realized it (first time I was going to wear it), was too late to return so "I ate it" sotospeak, as I have done with many mail-order and e-order items.

@Nonametoday

Do you still have the NM brooch?

I ordered something off of Etsy (vintage) that had a defective pin (also too short).  I took it to my jeweler, they ordered the new pin part (tension spring, just pops out) and for less than $10 I was in business.  

Respected Contributor

@barrel racer wrote:

All I kept was Eternagold bangles and Imperial gold bracelets.

@barrel racer

For a "milestone" event, my husband purchased for me a BOLD Eternagold bracelet I'd been wanting.  It was massive and I adored it.  Eventually it dented so I sent it back to have the dents removed.  After many calls I received a much smaller bracelet back.  I assumed it was a mistake.  They told me their guarantee was to either repair or replace of equal value.  The bracelet they sent back was now the same price as the one my husband purchased.  The gram weight of the new one was a fraction of the original.  The new one was anything but bold.  I told them I wanted my original bracelet back and would return the replacement.  I was told my old bracelet was long gone.

The kicker is, I tried to sell the replacement when I sold a lot of gold pieces.  It was rejected because they said it had alloys in it.

Moral of the story, do not send your Eternagold back for their guarantee repairs.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

Nolan Miller rose brooch that I loved and planned to wear to the rose society conventions.  It would never clasp.  The pin was too short and by the time I realized it (first time I was going to wear it), was too late to return so "I ate it" sotospeak, as I have done with many mail-order and e-order items.

@Nonametoday

Do you still have the NM brooch?

I ordered something off of Etsy (vintage) that had a defective pin (also too short).  I took it to my jeweler, they ordered the new pin part (tension spring, just pops out) and for less than $10 I was in business.  

@lolakimono  Thank you.  Yes, I do. It is a beautiful pin.  I am going to take it to my jeweler.  Very nice local family.  Never thought of that.  

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday

Let me know how it works out!  

Respected Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

@barrel racer wrote:

All I kept was Eternagold bangles and Imperial gold bracelets.

@barrel racer

For a "milestone" event, my husband purchased for me a BOLD Eternagold bracelet I'd been wanting.  It was massive and I adored it.  Eventually it dented so I sent it back to have the dents removed.  After many calls I received a much smaller bracelet back.  I assumed it was a mistake.  They told me their guarantee was to either repair or replace of equal value.  The bracelet they sent back was now the same price as the one my husband purchased.  The gram weight of the new one was a fraction of the original.  The new one was anything but bold.  I told them I wanted my original bracelet back and would return the replacement.  I was told my old bracelet was long gone.

The kicker is, I tried to sell the replacement when I sold a lot of gold pieces.  It was rejected because they said it had alloys in it.

Moral of the story, do not send your Eternagold back for their guarantee repairs.

What a shabby way to treat a customer.  And, their big selling point is their jewelry is supposedly fairly dent resistant.  Huh!  I'm sorry this happened to you.

Occasional Contributor

I just finished organizing my jewelry collection and found three Diamonique By The Yard bracelets that I've never worn. Simulated ruby, sapphire and emerald.

I thought they were so pretty at the time but they are very delicate, and I was never much of a bracelet stacker.

IMG-20190108-WA0004[1].jpg

Super Contributor

@SeaMaiden The earrings are gorgeous. You sell them on Ebay. I would love to have them.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Margui wrote:

@SeaMaiden The earrings are gorgeous. You sell them on Ebay. I would love to have them.

@Margui  I have things including these earrings I would sell on EBay....but I always hear about  people having problems making it more trouble than it is worth.  I wish we could exchange info here but I know it is against the standards.  I would feel better trading/ selling on these  forums  but that is never going to happen.  If I do get brave and  list them on EBay , I will let you know here🙂.

Valued Contributor

I actually have a lot I don’t wear. All beautiful pieces such as gold, silver, DMQ, platinum clad, JR and Honora. However I work from home and suffer from RA and Raynauds so I barely wear any except for earrings when I leave my home on weekends. It’s such a shame because even selling you never get what you originally paid but what can you do.