Honored Contributor

There.  I put up the post with the word disappointed in it.  Seems there is always a "disappointed" post for every big jewelry day.  I got up late and have only watched for an hour. But so far things are looking pretty good.  A black opal, even if just a Welo, is a new offering.  And the three precious gemstones (emerald, sapphire, ruby) coupled with baguette diamonds are on my consider list.  

Respected Contributor

Re: NOT disappointed in Gem Day

@depglass   Also not disappointed.

A tanzanite tennis bracelet is coming to my tiny cottage.

A denim lover's joy.

j371279.001.jpeg

Tempted by the multi.

j370929.005.jpeg

Respected Contributor

I've seen several things I want, but I am not buying anything. 

Respected Contributor

I'm never disappointed in Gem Day, Silver Day, Gold Day or whatever other jewelry day it is on QVC. It's always a welcome respite from all the vacuum cleaner, mattress, and blasted shoe presentations!

Esteemed Contributor

@depglass 

Thank you for saying this! There is a lot of carping about the various offerings by posters  spouting misinformation about different gemstones, their value, their classification, etc., as though they are graduate geologists, so your post is well taken.

There are a lot of different gemstones offered at a variety of price points--and a variety of sizes--in today's shows and sales. 

Trusted Contributor

@depglass   I feel exactly the same way.  Knowing I will see a presentation of jewelry whenever I tune in today -  regardless of what type it is - is a welcome treat for sure!  I also like the precious gemstone band with the baguette accents.  I'm not looking for a ring but if I saw a matching pendant I would probably have to stop myself from buying it!

Honored Contributor

@depglass   I agree - there are MANY lovely pieces here that I'd love to buy. I'm disappointed in the tsv I will say. But I did buy a SS/white topaz 7-stone ring that Pat had in her show. Born in April, well yes DIAMONDS are this girl's best friend but I also really like white topaz, white zircon and clear quartz. I really do also think white topaz sparkles more that good white diamonds - a little less in price tag too!!!

Honored Contributor

If I had to pick on of the tsv's it would be the grass green CHROME.

Contributor

Maybe I own too much QVC jewelry because I haven't seen a single thing today that I don't already have or that interests me.  It seems they've been pushing the opaque gemstones a lot in recent years, and I have no interest in those. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@1Professor wrote:

@depglass   Also not disappointed.

A tanzanite tennis bracelet is coming to my tiny cottage.

A denim lover's joy.

j371279.001.jpeg

Tempted by the multi.

j370929.005.jpeg

They look a heck of a lot brighter and color much more saturated here in the second group photo than they did on my tv.  I might have grabbed one if they looked like this in person.