Honored Contributor

Re: NO GRAM WEIGHTS ON GOLD?

[ Edited ]

@Sassyboo3 wrote:

On TV.....guess I'll be saving my money!!

I don't buy if I don't know gram weights.  I know you can estimate the weight based on the price but Q's price per gram is higher than many retailers.   Q averages $100 per 14k gram, more if it's an intricate or heavy piece.  Eternagold averages $125 per gram.

If you want good gold jewelry, try Sarraf dotcom.  The price per gram is a lot less than Q and most jewelry stores.  I have several pieces from them and have never had a problem.  Their customer service is great too.  And they offer a number of things in rose gold, my fav.

Valued Contributor

QVC should be interested in giving customers as much information as available.  The solid gold items should list gram weight.  Gem carats information seems to be important so why are gold weights not?  I would also like country of origin listed...used to be so why not now?

Respected Contributor

ITA with @Gabidog. Even though gram weights appear to be considerably less to make the jewelry more affordable, it's still something the buyer should know. Someone would be provided with this information from any other retailer, so QVC should do the same.

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

I bought a beautiful piece last year on the Gold Rush, so if I can stay awake (they tend to sell gold overnight) I will be looking.

I don't buy without a gram weight, but they do post those sometimes. I don't expect it with a ring, but with a necklace or bracelet. . . well, how can you tell the value without the gram weight?