Respected Contributor

NEW Alex & Ani Liberty Copper Collection

Jeweler Alex and Ani released the Liberty Copper collection today.

The limited edition collection includes over 20 pieces (costume and fine), featuring an exact replica of the Statue of Liberty's torch, all made with original copper from the monument's centennial restoration.

Created in partnership with The Statue of Liberty-Ellis Island Foundation, Inc., Alex and Ani hopes to encourage consumers to draw inspiration from Lady Liberty, and recognize the light they bring to the world.

The Statue of Liberty underwent restoration from 1984−1986. Stainless steel armature bars replaced her original iron frame and copper supports. The original copper was preserved, awaiting a new purpose.

'The biggest honor of my life is to take her message and make it literally, physically attached to each and every one of us,' says Alex and Ani Founder, CEO, and Chief Creative Officer Carolyn Rafaelian.

'We always knew there was a greater purpose for these preserved materials,' said Stephen A. Briganti, President and CEO of The Statue of Liberty-Ellis Island Foundation. 'This collaboration with Alex and Ani will bring the statue’s message and spirit directly into the lives of people around the world. We couldn’t be more pleased.'

Prices range between $58-$2,000.

Honored Contributor

Re: NEW Alex & Ani Liberty Copper Collection

@lmt - I like this brand; pick up a new bangle when they offer something new/unique that resonates with me. Thx for posting. 

LC-categoryhero_1000x230_cta.jpg

carry_light_lc16eb04s_right.jpg

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

carry_light_lc16cf02s_front.jpg

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

alex-carry_light_lc16cs05s_front.jpg

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Chi-town girl..... you're welcome!

I think the idea is really cool. I may pick up the small bangle bracelet, but I want to see it in person first.